When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting Re-introduced to RWG - who's the service guy?

fakir

I'm a long-timer from back when rwg.cc and its predecessor were around. I haven't been back for a long time (around 2-3 years), so I can't even remember what my old login was. Anyway, way back when I used to service my watches with The Zigmeister who did awesome lume, but he was hard to get a hold of and that was really the clincher for me in this hobby.

So I come back now, and I have some questions:

1) Do I need to service a super seadweller with the Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement? Or do you think it's good enough without it?

2) If I did decide to service it and lume it: who do I turn to in N.America, and preferably in Canada?

I really appreciate the help. I already have a SSD that was serviced and lumed by The Zigmeister, but given he is difficult to get a hold of, I wanted to buy a second one to use on a daily basis - I don't want to ding up my good SSD since I can't service it easier (or can I? Is there an alternative?).

thanks!!

I wouldn't trust my A7750's to anybody else in North America. They can do gen ETA 7750's...but I wouldn't trust my A7750's to them...just Zig.

If you are in Toronto, and are looking at people who can service an ETA non chrono, PM me and I can give you the names of a couple shops.

Welcome back!!