When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a gen ETA movement in this (apparently) gen Tag Heuer?

metaljesus

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help and knowledge from some of the insanely knowledgeable WIS members on here.

I've just received a solid 18k gold carerra in the post. I did quite a bit of research before buying and am pretty sure than no rep of this exists so was pretty happy it was a safe purchase, despite photos that were only okay, not fantastic.

It arrived this morning and all was great except for an insanely loud rotor sound. 'WTF,' i think to myself, 'the only rotor ive ever heard this loud was in a Parnis, surely a watch that retailed at almost

I'd be confident it was good to go!

As stated earlier, it may well be a bearing, no biggy just push in a new one...should be relatively easy to get....just don't quote it as a Tag part, use the ETA numbers. and don't mention Tag.

O/S

Am going to get it cleaned up a bit so will have my local watchmaker take care of that too ...

Dressing down 18k gold might be a challenge. :) I do plan to try it on a vintage brown rally strap though ;)

A nice pair of jeans and a nice crisp white shirt,long sleeve cuffed up@ mid forearm. Maybe a pair of Timberlands or dockers/boat shoes and you will be good to go,promise :good:

• 3 weeks later...