When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do I build franken APROO'S

sander

Hi Guys,

I get a lot of requests from people who ask me if can make them a franken APROO.

Yes I can.

I actually make 2 models:

Model 1 (Ultimate franken)

Model 2 (Budget franken)

The Ultimate franken will have a LWO movement (ETA 2892-A2 with dubois Depraz module) with a lowered crown and a shaved case back. The case is a sec @ 12 model

The Budget franken will have a modded seconds @ 12 movement and will not come standard with a lowered crown and shaved case back. These mods are also possible for this model but would be too expensive.

Also the budget model will have the sec @ 12 case.

I have build 6 or 7 with these movements so far and there are no problems with them.

I even have one with a power reserve of 52 hours and 13 minutes ;)

Normally I just do the modding and the customer supplies me the parts.

Prices are very individual because I don't know what you have and what you want me to be done.

So PM me if you have interest.

Beside the mentioned above, I'm also thinking about a little project to sell complete watches.

So you don't have to take care of the parts.

Just checking with you guys if there is interest for it.

The model will be the budget model with the modded sec @ 12 movement.

They will have the blue hobnail dial and the hands will be relumed with SL C3 to match it.

The donor watches are the seconds @ 12 model. They are brand new and come with a steel bracelet.

The dial and tachyring are gen with no visible damage.

I have built one for myself to show you how it looks. (this one has a missing silver line on the seconds subdial. The ones sold will not have this.)

I have to determine the final price but I guess it will be around $ 1500,-

Pics:

post-9210-044887700 1288038320.jpg

post-9210-096859600 1288038324.jpg

post-9210-052052700 1288038335.jpg

post-9210-085868200 1288038342.jpg

I also made some pics of the shaved case back and lowered crown for the Ultimate model

post-9210-006756400 1288038453.jpg

post-9210-023787400 1288038468.jpg

post-9210-039198700 1288038486.jpg

Just let me know if there is interest.

I think that if you did a complete watch, there would be quite a bit of interest in this! The one you built is gorgeous! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Which model is this ROO?

This pics are the budget model which will cost arround $ 1500,-

The dial is the blue hobnail dial. I don't this model has a name.

Although I have some nice other franken pieces, this is one of my favorites. The blue color is different everytime you look at it.

It turns from gray into almost navy blue.

This pics are the budget model which will cost arround $ 1500,-

The dial is the blue hobnail dial. I don't this model has a name.

Although I have some nice other franken pieces, this is one of my favorites. The blue color is different everytime you look at it.

It turns from gray into almost navy blue.

I think next to the Paris Tri-compax dial, that one is my favorite! Can this be done with a Paris dial? Is a 2892-A2 with Tri-Compax Chrono easily sourced? (for that matter, is a Paris dial that easily sourced? :D )

Hey Sander....AP ROO maniac I am, I am very interested in one of your budget models with the blue Clous de Paris dial.

Have a MBW with this dial and love it.....would also love the old-style case.

Anyway, go ahead with your project and determine a sales price....I stand waiting!

Theo

I think next to the Paris Tri-compax dial, that one is my favorite! Can this be done with a Paris dial? Is a 2892-A2 with Tri-Compax Chrono easily sourced? (for that matter, is a Paris dial that easily sourced? :D )

You mean this one right?

post-9210-089182900 1288089817.jpg

Would be tough to find the dial. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the movement you mean is the 2020. This one doesn't have a date.

lovely..I've seen the gen before this..I always like it.. Its true if you build the whole watch maybe alot of people will like it... I do like it..but at the moment..not enoughh $$ for Xmas ..

anyway..what is the waiting period ?

Not really sure yet. it's getting busy lately

wow, speechless

I just ordered black themes vac lumed and graphite treated...

Now I know what to do next if I get my hands on a gen dial... But it's almost 3 times as much compared to the conventional rep! (but still 10 times cheaper than gen! lol)

Off I go to look for gen dials!

Do you need gen hands as well?

I'm assuming that the rep hands will be sufficient for all this right?

All you need is the dial?