When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

mf11

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Panerai replica and don't really know where to start. Don't really want to spend more than $200. Will I get anything decent for that? Could someone please direct me to a good source / website?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael.

It would be much more useful if you could narrow done the type of model your after.

Can I suggest you do some research on this section and the review and dealers feed back sections.

But I can say I dont know of any good PAMs for less than $200 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm no expert being a newbie too. I went through the same exercise. I think in terms of off the shelf you're looking at c$400+ from DSN (I got an o2a for $380 from him with swiss mvt) or c$300 from Perfect Clones, whom I read good things about.

I don't recall seeing much, if anything at the pricepoint you mention. There's a fair bit available around $100-150 but I don't think it's so good. I spent $100 on a Getat 'fiddy' which is really nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to the DSN.

If I were you I'd go in the middle and spend c$300 at Perfect Clones - make sure it's not Perfect2Clones tho! Time to start searching............

Please be careful just buying a PAM even the more expensive ones arent very good :)

Please decide what you want or choose 3-4 models then research and ask again.

If you want best OTB at the moment then buy the new Chronos 236, 250, 251, 188 if you want 111 then wait there will be a super version out very soon :) along with others :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also look at Ultimate automaic versions some of these are good like 104, 88

Just remember none are perfect but they are the best of the dealers selections. With DSN the same rules apply he as some nice reps but a lot are pretty inaccurate.

So pick which you like research then ask again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

While the advice above is quite sound...it is the advice of some folks here who are passionate about watches.

What you find that is acceptable for you, may be different than what's acceptable for some of the folks who have been around here for awhile.

You can find cheaper PAMs that may be all you want for <$200...but, the more you hang around here, see the photos of some of the super high end modded uber-reps on this forum, I GUARANTEE you, your awareness, eye for detail, and passion will perfection will evolve.

What you will find in the lower end PAMS (less than $200), is that:

• the lume will not be very good
  • movement will be Asian vs. Swiss
  • Movement may not have details like accurate bridge markings, shallow engraving, incorrect engraving, etc
  • Likely not swan neck regulator
  • Incorrect caseback for the series of watch it is
  • Strap will likely suck on even the more expensive ones...budget for an upgraded strap
  • Crownguard might be a bit floppy, or have subtle detailing that is incorrect
  • Dial font may be slightly off (low vs. high "A", datewheel fonts, etc)

Does this mean that the watch will not be able to be enjoyed? Definitely not...it all depends on what your tolerance level is for certain imperfections...and this tolerance may be over-ruled by price. This is the thing with reps...everybody's tolerance of the imperfections varies...and some are willing to spend THOUSANDS to pursue incremental improvement through the use of gen parts.

Just something to think about...in that some budget reps may introduce you to the rep world in a positive and fun way that you might not be willing to do on more expensive models.

That being said, if you can afford $400 with shipping, you can get the current generation of high end rep that looks fantastic!!!

You can get a half decent pam. Trevor's ultimate 111H. Lume is rep quality and dial is inaccurate just like the pricier Cartel versions and its only $188. Trevor also has an Arktos GMT for $225....This is coming from me who is not too particular about minor details. I just like a good looking rep that is mechanically reliable.

Edited by kuli

Hi and welcome to the forum.

While the advice above is quite sound...it is the advice of some folks here who are passionate about watches.

Thats a very polite way of saying it ;) !!

Yes mate TT is absolutely right buy whatever suits you and your budget and if t gets you more interested and involved on here then its money well spent :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thats a very polite way of saying it ;) !!

Yes mate TT is absolutely right buy whatever suits you and your budget and if t gets you more interested and involved on here then its money well spent :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agreed.

With PAM's you really need to figure out what your goal is. If it is to impress people on this site by posting pics of your new watch, or to impress gen PAM owners, then you better budget accordingly. If you are just out to satisfy yourself with a watch that you like the looks of, and that will be reliable, then I don't think you need to spend more than $200. Research these threads, look carefully at the photos showing the inaccuracies, then decide if you care. Personally, after looking at the nitpick details, I decided that I am more than happy with $200 and less PAMS. But, I am not trying to impress anyone but myself with my reps. I never try to pass off my reps as gen, but that is just me.

I have bought a few pure "fantasy" reps, and I don't care if they are not based on a gen. As long as they don't look and perform like a cheap throw away, I am happy. Its not like $200 and under versions have plastic cases and rubber band movements. Some look pretty decent and are reliable. I bought my first PAM rep in 2003, an automatic, for about $150, and it is still running and it has never been serviced. Of course, I have to manually wind it now, and I am sure it is about to blow up any day now, but hey, 7 years of use for $150? I will take it.

For me, it is a case of rapidly diminishing returns after $200. This is not to take away from those who do care about the details. I would just rather have two $200 PAMs, than one $400 PAM.

For me, it is a case of rapidly diminishing returns after $200. This is not to take away from those who do care about the details. I would just rather have two $200 PAMs, than one $400 PAM.

And that is why many of us are into reps. We could buy a nice gen or three ;), but why not buy a nice rep or twenty? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like to look at the accuracy of things in detail, but I'm not bothered too much by most small inaccuracies...so don't feel a real need to spend thousands to get the ultimate franken-rep...but I'll admit, after spending time here on this forum, I'm heading in that direction. ;)

mf11 try not to get to intimidated but what you might read on here, start cheap and work out what you like first before crashing head long in to the silly money realm. The fussiness on some for exactness of detail tends to zap the fun that can be had from a good cheap replica , my first pam was $120 fiddy and it was bloody great I loved it and a great introduction to the nightmare world of panerai obsession, trevor has been already mentioned, but you could try either of these to wet your feet . 111 or 112 , take no notice of the fun police around here , Cheap can be good and fun, so try not to worry about the details this early in the game.

Hope this helps

ST4

guys im a noob in this thing so i think might as well post in this thread. my friend got a panerai, and when i see it i just loved it. i browse and found that i love all the models (except the submersible maybe). do you guys able to let me know where is the best site to buy the perfect replica safely? thanks a lot for your help.