When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell and Ross

Simo

The removable lugs are accurate to gen, sweep of the Clone ETA is accurate to gen, PVD finish looks good from the pics, and dial looks good, although I can't remember if the Gen has the 'limited edition' text on it.

A good buy I reckon :)

This factory probably produces the best 01s you can get.

This is the best choice of movement. The lume is slightly wrong in colour and the markings are correct though not in size and boldness. The second hand is slightly incorrect on the weight end. The 3 and 6 arealso the wrong shape but its negligible. . :)

The PVD is pretty close to gen but is slightly darker and rougher in your hand, its also difficult to refinish the face screws on these as they can be rough. Remember to tighten them when you get it as well as the lug bars. you wont get a tool with this model even though it says you will so buy a 1.3 hex key ready. The other rep hex keys wont fit this one as they are not gen size this one is: so I recommend you buy replacement gen lugs and screws from a authorised dealer or on the internet.

The AR is also soft on these and very blueagainst thedark dial I suggest you remove the outer AR when you get it. Fortunately the blue markers will negate somewhat the blue AR however it is very distinct on the edges of the crystal. The gen is clear and single sided.

You can get some decent straps for these direct from AD or from a guy posting on the straps forsale section. Or if you want non gen looking with a nice thick strap get one made by Dangerous9 he could do you a nice heritage style with blue stitching..

Good luck

Simo, make sure you order a couple of extra screws and tubes. It's a must. Find replacements is virtually impossible. Ask anyone who's gone through the experience. Best of luck.

Believe or not its cheaper to order from the AD and they are much better quality :)

Believe or not its cheaper to order from the AD and they are much better quality :)

How did you order at the AD? Last year I called 3 dealers and all told me I had to send in the watch to Paris, and that even the AD could not hand out these screws. At least it's like that in Switzerland.

Cheers

s.t.

How did you order at the AD? Last year I called 3 dealers and all told me I had to send in the watch to Paris, and that even the AD could not hand out these screws. At least it's like that in Switzerland.

Cheers

s.t.

Hopefully you posted this before your other post on the lugs etc. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had the same experience. The AD told me to bring the watch in so that they could do it. I insisted I could do it myself and they told me they weren't allow to sell them without installing them. I was [censored].

I have posted a link to an internet dealer in another post here regarding bars etc

• 3 months later...

Hi Simmo ... how did you go with your purchase ?... i am also interested in a Bell & Ross BR01-92 but have been concerned about the PVD and Lume ... these BR's seem to have much better Lume (where indicated ) PeteM has indicated in previous posts about the Lume in BR"s

thank you in advance