When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UV lamp to check the lume

Cats

I need some advise.

I'm looking for a UV lamp to charge the lume on my watches before i make a picture.

There are some different models out there but i prefer the battery powered ones.

Basically there are two types one with a short wave length and one with a longer wave length.

Is there any difference and which types of lamps do you guys use for this purpose.

Thanks for the advise

Carpe Diem

Cats

A little more $, but I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co...KVW7GZ2ZHKZF6JV

Product Features

• uv leds can reveal materials that are not seen thru normal lighting and can be very useful in: crime scene investigations to reveal certain bodily fluids
  • document analysis and currency verification
  • leak detection
  • rodent and pet stain detection
  • gemstone verification
  • reving up watch lume

Also, on the budget side, you can use anti-counterfiting mini-flashlights available at most "Office Supply" stores.

Here is a cheaper one: http://www.amazon.co...88719242&sr=8-4

I just use a cool colored fluorescent bulb. they have ample UV output. I read that higher UV levels can shorten the life of lume.

I think this is a bit of a myth. Nothing is more potent than being out in the good ole' Sunshine. Hanging your arm out of the car window on Sunny day is going to expose your watch to a ton more UV than a little blacklight. Fear not!

The mini gas lights used my the likes of Ball, Reactor, Luminox, use Trituim + Superluminova IIRC, the Tritium that always glows amps up / keeps the luminova charged 24x7-- and these are rated at 25 years!

Thanks for your input guys.

I can imagine that natural sunlight is the best to charge the lume on your watch but

that won't be available a lot for the coming months here in rainy Holland.

I go for a simple torch.

Thanks for your advise.

Carpe Diem

Cats