When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rate this Rep: Day-Date with Gen ETA and Gen Italy 18k Clasp

Justasgood

Stopped in at my watchmaker's request to view a Red Sub on his desk for repair(pics later). The store owner's son calls me over and says "Here you go. I've been wearing it around the store and it seems to be working. But my customer says it isn't. I gave him a Quartz Tissot in trade" Cool guy huh. I asked "How old is your customer?" "82". Oh, perhaps he doesn't move around enough to keep it wound. Probably. Have fun with it.........

So, here it is. Keeping good time.

Picture164.jpg

Yes, it says "STAINES STE"

Picture165.jpg

And this side says "OG POFY DESN

Picture173.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture168.jpg

The clasp was tested and is 18kt gold.

Picture167.jpg

Now what I need is a really nice Croc strap(Dark chocolate) and a replacement bracelet of decent quality.

Thoughts?

Not sure how to rate it? It looks like a rep.

If you really want to attempt to wear it, I would replace the dial & handset with gens &, as you said, swap the bracelet for a good quality strap with a Rolex clasp. Although I cannot see it very well, based on what I can see, you should probably replace the crown/tube with gens as well.

is it actually 18kt? If not then it just looks like an old cheap rep... There are italian made 18kt replacement cases that used to be around for the day-date. Im sure the lug stamping would be better on them though hahaha

Dizz