When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Push....push....yeah

dieselpower

I am at the very beginning of a Daytona 6263 project and have decided to use a spare Asian 7750 movement to power the beast with a view to investing in a V72 at a later date. I have not really decided on cases yet but have a question to ask. Which pushers to seek out? As far as I can see there are three viable options.

a. Genuine pushers

b. Aftermarket pushers from Ofrei

c. Aftermarket from Cousins UK

Pardon my ignorance if I have overlooked something, please chime in with your worldly wisdom and experience. I want to get this one right!

M from what has been said here before most will find that the pushers from DW are pretty good. That is as long as they work ok. Sometimes the DW pushers have a loose fit and will unscrew from the case. There are two different types that can be found on DW case. It depends on which one you get. If you get a DW case and the pushers have no issues I would keep them. If you have to buy some Ofrei has some good ones. Although you will probably have to mod the case to make them fit. The thread pitch is different. The case will have to be tapped out to accommodate the Ofrei pushers. While you are at it be sure to get the lower profile case back. Of course once you do that you will have to remove the winding pendulum on the back of the movement. Original 6263's were manual wind anyway. Then you need to remove the auto winding gears because daily winding will damage the watch because the auto winding gears can not do it right. They will grind up and send metal shavings into the movement.

Thanks for all input. Nobody has mentioned gen used pushers, if I could source a pair will they fit (or be made to fit) in a DW case? and whilst we're on the subject which crown and tube would you recommend? On my last 6263 I had a gen crown/tube fitted but I can't remember what size it was :bangin: I think it was a 703 - would that make sense?

Oh and one more thing, the bracelet I bought has not got 357 endpieces, my mistake, it has got 361's - is this going to cause me problems?

Like everyone has said.. keep the DW pushers, but if you need to replace them then use the ones from Ofrei. I took mine out and put a little locktight on them and screwed them back in so secure them. I have a 703 triplock on mine (DW6263) and a gen 7205 rivet bracelet... end links arnt stamped but that was normal back then because the end links arnt removeable. And like gpl said, be sure to get the slim caseback to complete the package.

dizz

Thanks for all input. Nobody has mentioned gen used pushers, if I could source a pair will they fit (or be made to fit) in a DW case? and whilst we're on the subject which crown and tube would you recommend? On my last 6263 I had a gen crown/tube fitted but I can't remember what size it was :bangin: I think it was a 703 - would that make sense?

Gen new/used pushers are fine, but you will likely pay more for either than you will for a new set of Ofreis. In the case of screw-style pushers, Rolex used at least 3 different styles & Ofrei only sells the last/current variant (which is all Rolex offers currently). So if you want 1 of the earlier versions, used gens are probably the only option since I have never seen aftermarkets available. You can probably locate pics of each style via google.

In any case, I would nix the DWs for either gens (new or used) or the Ofreis. The only potential problem you could run into is if the holes in the case were cut too large, as was the case on 1 of my DWs (DW did replace the case without any problem). But, then, in that case, even the original DWs were loose. :bangin: