When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picture Set 2 of my 1665 GW

Prsist

ah yes to see it in the flesh! i sure hope those emails i sent you helped!

I just downloaded them all today, that's a lot of data! I have just looked over part 1. That's some nice fine info my friend. What book is that from? I really do appreciate.

post-20257-0-52468800-1289344101.jpg

WOW look at that crown!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Its HUGE!!! hahhaa.

Your datewindow is MUCH better than mine was on my 1680... but I can assure you that the crown that came on mine was not this big!! lol

Just buggin ya bro. It looks like a good one. I cant wait to see what you do with it.

dizz

Its HUGE!!! hahhaa.

Your datewindow is MUCH better than mine was on my 1680... but I can assure you that the crown that came on mine was not this big!! lol

Just buggin ya bro. It looks like a good one. I cant wait to see what you do with it.

dizz

Yeah I know. Do you know how much one would expect to pay for a gen crown? Under $50?

Its HUGE!!! hahhaa.

dizz

Yeah I know. Do you know how much one would expect to pay for a gen crown? Under $50?

depends if youre going for a 702 and 702 tube or 703, or a 700 and 700 tube. I believe the 702 is more original/correct for this model and model year but the watch is set up for a 703. on average expect to pay up to $80 for a loose crown, BNIB i have no idea, but more.

Replacing that crown will make a world of difference, and would be my starting point in the modding. There are genuine crowns all over the place. I would post a Want to buy in the Tools and Parts forum.There is a tall Coronet NOS Crown/tube for sale over there right now, but It's pretty pricy. i bought a nice used one with a Clark's tube for my PT 1680 a couple of months ago, and I payed around 50.00 dollars for both.You can also check the Vintage Rolex Forum's Vintage marketplace as well. they have lots odf genuine used parts for sale all the time.

Replacing that crown will make a world of difference, and would be my starting point in the modding. There are genuine crowns all over the place. I would post a Want to buy in the Tools and Parts forum.There is a tall Coronet NOS Crown/tube for sale over there right now, but It's pretty pricy. i bought a nice used one with a Clark's tube for my PT 1680 a couple of months ago, and I payed around 50.00 dollars for both.You can also check the Vintage Rolex Forum's Vintage marketplace as well. they have lots odf genuine used parts for sale all the time.

Should i avoid ebay? Should i replace the gaskets as well? Or not worry about it and have that down when serviced?