When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building yoru clock?

Major_Error

Have you ever tryed to build a clock?

I am soon(?) finished in building my first Pocher car, a Ferrari Testarossa. that is why I am planing my next project. The this, other, old plans are coming back; building a clock! I have been looking on this skeleton clocks for a long time! (http://www.classicclockkits.com/) OK, this is not a wrist watch, it is hard to keep these on your wrist. That do certainly need a lot of patience. But I hope this will give some good times in building and that the finished clock is having higher WAF than the, some cheaper, wooden gear clock (http://www.clockplans.com/)

Do some of you have experiences in these Classic Clock Kits? On the home page it seems like a good kit and quite easy and straight forward kit. I have read about the TimeZone-school, but for the time being I do not feel ready for those small pieces.

PH 8-)

How about some pics of the motor mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I assume it doesnt have a dashboard clock hence the need to build one ;)

I know there are a few forums that deal specifically with clock kits might be worth looking there too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think it will be a nice project, from what i see the actual clock build would take an hour, the time you need to spend is in the finishing and that could be weeks to get it looking right, as with any thing though the details show the love

I have seen klockit.com.

Lots of their kits are quartz.

They have some mechanical movements, but they seems to be "finished" and you "only" need to build a case for it. Am I right in that? Anyway some of the clockworks having striking mechanism, are playing quite a nice sound! Any way I will "need" a mechanical movement...

8-)

Slickdick! Those were some of the coolest things I ever seen!

And now you are telling us that you did not show pictures of your own "collection"! 8-D

We were all so impressed! 8-)

Although the wooden clocks are having a low "WAF", (Wife Acceptance Factor), you have the possibility to build a pocket watch! But that will be too much for PhotoShop! Really nice work. I wonder if the COSC-certificate is included if you buy it...

PH 8-)