When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will the PT 1665 GW take a gen insert?

Prsist

It will take a gen insert...

worst case you may have to sand it a bit on the back or outside edge but thats no big deal. We do it all the time, but you are going to pay a LOT of $$$ for a gen insert for that watch... hundreds of $ at minimum. The PT insert is actually quite good and has a nice pearl. I just scuffed mine LIGHTLY with a green 3M pad and put it in a 50/50 bleach water solution for 1 min to take the shine off it, and it looks pretty darn good. Its by far the best aftermarket insert I have seen for these vintage subs, and since it comes from the watch then there is no need to replace it IMHO.

dizz

It will take a gen insert...

worst case you may have to sand it a bit on the back or outside edge but thats no big deal. We do it all the time, but you are going to pay a LOT of $$$ for a gen insert for that watch... hundreds of $ at minimum. The PT insert is actually quite good and has a nice pearl. I just scuffed mine LIGHTLY with a green 3M pad and put it in a 50/50 bleach water solution for 1 min to take the shine off it, and it looks pretty darn good. Its by far the best aftermarket insert I have seen for these vintage subs, and since it comes from the watch then there is no need to replace it IMHO.

dizz

I here yeah, but the bezel markings dont line up 100%. Would any Sub or Sea Dweller work?

I here yeah, but the bezel markings dont line up 100%. Would any Sub or Sea Dweller work?

Bezel insert needs to be a 315-5513. It fits a 5513/5512, 1665 and 1680. If you can find a gen for under $100, better snap it up. Another possiblity is the PMWF 5513 insert and an Ofrei pearl- but that's about a $95 deal when all's said and done.

WSO990 sells a somewhat decent 5513 insert in the $30-35 range.

Too bad your PT insert isn't too good. Wonder if Nikki or Angus would send you another one- worth a try to ask.