When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A decent Rose Gold Dress watch

T-MAN

I'm looking for an 'accurate' rep of a dress watch in rose gold and preferably a light colored dial (all my other dials are dark). I would Probably stick it on a brown leather strap.

My wrist size is small so I don't want a huge chunky watch.

Ideas/photos??

Thanks!!

While it isn't in rose gold I have always loved the Vacheron Constantin Overseas white face with stainless steel. Love how those look, but finding one that is a great replica is hard. I heard they have funky errors with the date window and things like that. Still a great looking watch. I know they have them in the rose gold style but I don't know and wouldn't really go with the rose gold anyhow being scared of how delicate it would be. That hublot I almost bought would have been my exception, only because it was full ceramic not a plated one. I also love the look of the IWC portuguese especially the white with blue in stainless steel just looks so amazing. However the cost of getting a good version is a little more than I can spend right now lol. As the movements aren't the greatest and well the only way to go would be with a genuine movement... But if I had the cash around I would be getting one of those.

This manual-wind (like the gen) Audemars Piguet Edward Piguet Tourbillon (note - it does not have a working tourbillon) is several years old (purchased from a long-gone web seller), but I have seen it pop-up every once in awhile in some of our sellers' listings (sorry, I cannot remember who). I have seen at least 3 variations of this rep, but this 1 is very accurate. You may still be able to locate 1 through 1 of our sellers or via google

stripedsocks030d1.jpg

For reference, here is a gen in platinum (about $120,000)

6688-AP.jpg

Hi!

I just bought this Vacheron Constantin Patrimony from Connie for a friend of mine.

I love that it is plain and simple. I had Connie service the movement as well. It all came to a plesant usd 335. And this is a watch my friend can wear for years without problems.

Thanks... This does look nice... One thing I noticed though is compared to the gen, the markers on the dial seem a bit to 'bold'/big... Is this true or is it just the picture?

Wow... I like them all too... How close is this Vacheron Constantin to the gen?

Not close enough for a Rolex fan.

But you can make your own decision.

Here is the gen:

post-180-0-41679100-1290574062.jpg

But then there are 3000 to 4000 Rolex reps out there for every one of these and the gen costs $25,000.

I don't really worry about it when wearing mine. If it looks good, it is good. Mine looks good.

What about these?

10-2.jpg

08.jpg

I love the Frank Muller... I actually ordered it from Andrew and when he showed me the QC pics I realised how big this beast actually is and asked him to change it to something else (which he didn't have to do but did)... I think it would be too big for my small wrists... How big does it wear and do you have a picture of the FM side by side to the FA Jones? From the two photos above they don't seem to be that different in size but my impression is that the FM is much bigger.

Also how is the FA Jones in Rose Gold? How are the numberings in Rose Gold? Are they painted on or are they risen? Is the version you got with the synthetic sapphire crystal or real sappire with AR... I see that there are two versions around..

Thanks for all your replies... Please keep them coming... :)

How about the 1815 classic? Does anyone have this? How is the quality and how does it compare to the gen? How does it compare to the IWC FA Jones as they seem similar?

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=6403

The gen is on the left below.. The rep on the right... doesn't seem very far off...

post-13671-0-95756200-1290821167.jpg post-13671-0-11344900-1290820645.jpg

How about the 1815 classic? Does anyone have this? How is the quality and how does it compare to the gen? How does it compare to the IWC FA Jones as they seem similar?

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=6403

The gen is on the left below.. The rep on the right... doesn't seem very far off...

post-13671-0-95756200-1290821167.jpg post-13671-0-11344900-1290820645.jpg

This one is a frustrating one.

The dial looks pretty close, at least from photos.

However when you turn it over it is so full of Chinese mistakes that it is almost funny.

The movement is suposedly Made in Switzerland. It is suddenly an International Watch Company. And Dreiunddreissig is misspelt.

It is frustrating because the movement otherwise looks pretty and the watch is relatively inexpensive. I just wish that the rep-factories would let someone proof read a prototype before they start production.....!!!!

Trusty has another version which I might prefer:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=1719

This one seems to have deeper engravings on the case back and you can remove the stickers on the movement if you don't like them. - But the movement is not anywhere near as pretty as the one you suggest.

Final thought: If you do go with the one you mention, perhaps check with Trevor first. His price is much lower.