When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so does this mean a potential Tudor Heritage is on the cards

StormTooper4

Just saw this so do you think we could see the TUDOR sometime soon?

ITS A SECONDS AT 3 WWWOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO

Vacheron Constantine Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph ETA-2890A2<br style="line-height: 15px; ">First replica with ETA-2890-A2 movement, which is similar to the ETA-2894 movement but with Dubois-Depraz 2030 Chrono Module and seconds at 3:00 sub-dial:

US$688 ONLY

VC-2010-11-16-03-02_enl.jpg

VC-2010-11-16-03-07_enl.jpg

It bodes well ;)

But I am not sure ( as always !! ) why they say its the 2894 with chrono module? I thought the 2894 was a 2892 with a chrono module?

Though regardless there is no asian 2892, 2894; is there?? I thought these were just reconfigured Asian to simulate secs at 3? Like the B&R 94s

Though regardless there is no asian 2892, 2894; is there?? I thought these were just reconfigured Asian to simulate secs at 3? Like the B&R 94s

There is the seagull version of the 2982 and when clean is a VERY good movement,

The 2894 modual (accoring to my mentor) is not very oftern serviced out of the factory due to its internal complexity, the chrono modual alone is over €350 retail, the normal date position is 5 o'clock but could easily be at 6 if you are not using the hours totaliser

When i look at the photo above it looks to me like the modual fitted here is larger than the movement its self (not the case on the 2894 according to ETAs drawings) so it may well be that the chinese have made a modual with similar functions if that is the case only time will tell of its quality

The 2894 can be bought retail for about €500 but if you buy in bulk you could half that price at least.

What this all means???? untill one is taken apart we wont know but if you look closely the movement above with the modual fitted is a 2890A2???? although the base plate from a 2890 is the same as a 2892/4 as far as i know.

FxrAndy you da Man. But I'm totally confused. Surely the date wheel is circular and goes to the bottom so all we need is an overlay for the numbers to pint down. I had one of the copy 2892's in a BellandRoss I think they are slimmer. So do you think the subdial spacing is suitable for the Tudor. It still amazes me they bought this out and not the heritage that would of be top place on my christmas list.

Those prices you mention are pretty steep. Hope they bulked up on the order. The VC aint cheap but its got the bling factor. So we are probably looking at 500+ at least for the Heritage. Yikes HBB all over again.

Whoa, guys, wait - this movement is NOT ETA 2894, it is DD 2030 chrono movement, with ETA 2892 base movement (there is also version with 2824 base). There is no asian 2894, and I have never seen rep with ETA 2894 movement. It was probably some custom order, and these are surplus that Angus got hold of. I guess if Davidsen managed to source Soprod 9040s in quantity, it's not very surprising that other makers can source something like DD2030. And no, Dubois Depraz 2030 does not have date function, some other DD chrono modules do, but 2030 does not.

Interesting thing, though, is that original Mare Nostrums (5218-301a, 6, 7, 8 ) used very similar module from DD, but on top of ETA 2801 hand wind movement ... now, that would be interesting development :)

regards

Why are there two 60 second subdials on these? That's a lot of money for a rep that isn't even close to the gen. Interesting choice of movement though. It will be fun to see if they come out with anything else using this movement.

Left is 60 minute chrono counter, right running seconds.

Edit:

Which is strange considering the movemen suppose to have a 30 minute counter.

Anyone note the omega logo next to the eta stamp?

Here pic of gen omega 1140 movement:

R0025817.jpg

Edited by slickdick