When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1st Panerai.....check out my QC Pictures what do you think.

itzstress

11 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of this 236K

• Go For it
    • Refuse it

I don't think there is a difference between v1 and v2. I just recieved my 250 which looked alien green in the QC pictures, which turned out to be a game of light and charge, in nornal conditions looks as it should, no differences to the pics in Josh's site. Some CGs are better than others though, it is a game of luck, not a matter of versions or batches IMO...

I don't think there is a difference between v1 and v2. I just recieved my 250 which looked alien green in the QC pictures, which turned out to be a game of light and charge...

Hmm, mistery continues...another forumer PMed me and said his 250 came with alien-green lume just like on the QC photos, but came with correct hand tubes.

Have any photo of yours that you wouldn't mind posting here?

thanks,

b

Hmm, mistery continues...another forumer PMed me and said his 250 came with alien-green lume just like on the QC photos, but came with correct hand tubes.

thanks,

b

+1 Pics would be good, would be interested to see the variation :)

It cant be a charge issue in the QC pics I have seen from other members given the hands arent kicking out the charge. Setting aside even if those ones were charged they were still the wrong mix ;)

One of the CG issues seems to be more related to the variation in the Oring on the crown, I had another one pass through my hands and the Oring was a different size !! Though the movement issues are consistent I have had a couple or three of the 7753 daylights serviced now by different WSs and the issues were consistent. fortunately I was able to have all the dodgy parts replaced with ETA parts :)

thanks,

b

The lume turns some form of green under specific light conditions, but normally the colour appears rather white. Even after a charge it does not turn alien green -- I tried to snap pics using flash to bring out the green, but even then it does not come up, must be the digital camera settings they used for the QC pics. Here is a quick photo of the same watch after it arrived:

post-391-0-14300200-1290641624.gif

Markers and hands do not match in your pic Polynomial so I buess it indeed IS an alien version.

Don't think you can tell from this pic, but you are right, the lume is slighly different. Hands are perfect, dial is bit off. Another thing I can note is that lume on dial is much weaker compared to hands and dies out quicker. Seems dials would need to be re-lumed.

Has anybody tried to use a black light and see if this causes this effect on the dealer's pictures?

My "normal" green 196 turned weird green the other day, when I visited a place with black light.

It glew more intensively (which is how a dealer would like to show it on a picture I guess) but also very green.

Edited by statos

Has anybody tried to use a black light and see if this causes this effect on the dealer's pictures?

My "normal" green 196 turned weird green the other day, when I visited a place with black light.

It glew more intensively (which is how a dealer would like to show it on a picture I guess) but also very green.

I did on my V1 had no problems, also i think Zigs thread shows his under BL.

I think if you are someoine who wants to get the lume right then no matter the version you should get it lumed as with all rep Pams. No matter which version you have you still should service these movements so why not lume it and if needed get the sub hand cones done :)

@Polynomial - If you get a chance just post a few phone pics closer to dial, if you dont mind mate :thumbsupsmileyanim: Dont worry on focus etc the colour will show through enough to make a judgement.