When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th Generation PO Crystal Question

dbutlerman

Hey Folks -

Been a while since I posted, but had a quick question. I was looking to put a genuine crystal on my 4th Gen PO. Has anybody out there put a OME-SB3065 crystal on their 4th Gen PO? Did the original crystal gasket work, or did you need to use the genuine one?

Any help is much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow up...I bought A crystal from Otto Frei and it's s perfect fit with the replica gasket. I had planned on using a genuine gasket but ofrei sent me a 45 mm instead of the 42 mm. Gasket number in the package was right but it way too big.

po-12-26-10.jpg

Well thanks Db2!

That picture has cost me a fortune! I got myself a gen crystal and datewheel. i decided to send the watch off to Domi today for the final work being done to make sure its perfect.

It will hopefully come back with gen dial, hands, datewheel, crystal, bezel, crown and tube and be worn for now on the gen rubber!

Its a very addictive hobby, but all said its still only going to be a fraction of the price of a gen at £2380.

Ill post some pics when it returns, just have to deal with a long wait now.

Hi Matt -

It is addictive - in my opinion, this is the best watch out there period (Gen or Franken). I don't know if you heard of my whole affair with the PO, but here is a quick synopsis. I had just got into the hobby and bought a couple of decent out of the box reps then I ran across Ubiquitous' post on his Franken PO, so I hunted down a new 4th Gen, and began the modding process. Started with a bezel, then gen clasp, and then date wheel, dial and hands, and then a full Gen Bracelet and lastly a Gen Crown and Tube. It was great. Then I won a Genuine Speedmaster Pro in on the Raffles here and I put the PO in a box and stopped wearing it. After a couple of months I decided I should sell it and let it go to somebody who would wear it, so it went off to a new home. I immediately began missing it. So after about 6 months I decided to start again. I contacted a couple of the dealers and they couldn't source a new 4th Gen PO...gerat...I sold my last chance of having a Franken PO, but then I remembered what had inspired me in the beginning, Ubi's Franken PO. I had noticed he hadn't posted anything new about it lately so I sent him a PM asking if he wanted to let it go, and we agreed on a price and I took possession of his beauty. I then reserved a spot in Chief AR run and ordered a new Crown and Tube (as Ubi was the stock unit) and began the minor modifications...and I believe you know the rest of the story..

Anyway, it's a great piece and I am sure you'll love it...just don't sell it, you'll regret it! :)

I too was tempted by Ubis original. I struggled for so long to get hold of a 4th gen PO. I had to settle with 2 fully modded UPO's which I ended up flipping as they were just too big.

I'm very happy with the size if my 42mm PO. upon it's return it will see a lot of wrist time I expect!

Do you know if the caseback on the new 42 po's fit on the 4th gen po's?? I think they appear to be slightly more accurate.