When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6205 and 6536 crystals - which references were used?

Mapman57

Always glad to help!

Hmmmm.... I don't think there are too many aftermarket options for these two tropic references; a quick glance through the Bay and Ofrei doesn't reveal much.

I had a look through an old JB catalog I have here at my side; they list generic non-cyclopes for:

So, nothing there either.

:wounded1:

I bought a gen T-16 and gen T-18 from Philip over on VRF, many moons ago. I wasn't sure which one fit my case. One was a perfect fit, the other was a bit too small so it was never used. From Ubi's reference that would make the unused crystal a tropic-18. It's gen, with a gorgeous dome, and quite expensive... all those years ago I paid $350 for it.

So if you decide to go that route, I'll let it go for what I've got in it... I have no use for it anymore.

I could kick myself... A few years back, some of the watch supply houses had old stock of 25-16, 25-17, 25-18, 25-19, 25-21, 25-22 crystals; the kicker is that they were priced at under $25! Wish I would have bought them out when I had the opportunity...

:wounded1:

Ah well... live and learn...

Do you remember RPS01 from here, many years ago? I had some long discussions with him about the rarity of certain tropics and how once in awhile a group of "unobtainable" crystals would appear, then go away again. I know Andy had a bunch of those, for cheap. Remember the Great Tropic 39 Stampede of Ought Six? There ya go.

Do you remember RPS01 from here, many years ago? I had some long discussions with him about the rarity of certain tropics and how once in awhile a group of "unobtainable" crystals would appear, then go away again. I know Andy had a bunch of those, for cheap. Remember the Great Tropic 39 Stampede of Ought Six? There ya go.

I haven't spoken with Stampy in quite a while. Indeed... I do recall the great 25-39 find; Superdomes too! Pretty crazy how some of these things will just unearth themselves out of the blue. What's interesting to see is how often those tube rolls of crystals are discovered.

I'm going to hit the phone book to start calling around to all the watchmakers in the area to see if any of them are planning on retiring anytime soon ;)

Thanks for all the input guys - still looking. No surprise there ..... :whistling:

Sleeepy ... you're getting sleepy ... soooo sleepy ... you want to buy Nanuq's expensive gen crystal ... sleeeeeeeeepy ... so sleepy ........

Sleeepy ... you're getting sleepy ... soooo sleepy ... you want to buy Nanuq's expensive gen crystal ... sleeeeeeeeepy ... so sleepy ........

Ha ha ha....Hi Nanuq - I clocked your offer and its a very generous and interesting one. The price is extremely fair compared to the market - but a little out of my budget just now!

But if there are NO other options........'I'll be back'. :victory: