When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want comments on these Rolex Submariners

Rolexfinder

Hello guys,

I just got a chance to take these Rolex Submariners from Taiwan dealer. :)

For me, the first thing that make me got these 2 is the crystal of them because once I touch the crystal, I feel like it is in one piece (even the area between the cyclop and crystal).

He said it can accept all gen parts + gen movement which I havn't tried it yet but only this is so nice for me. :) Plus, it is cheaper than other hi-ened sub replica. :D

Enjoy!

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

Interesting. So they are TW subs, maybe bests if they take gen parts. You definitely need a gen crown- those crowns are way too big! Bezel insert is the old style, kinda out of place on a modern sub, and a better pearl would help also. Crown guards look decent. I'm not a fan of the rehaut engraving, but it could be polished off I guess. And if the price is right, it could be a good sub with a few mods.

problems: dial , crystal is too tall, datefon, engraving is off, insert is also bad

despite all that those crown guards dont look too bad... also the hands seems ok. does it indeed accept gen parts? lets see the crown tube and maybe if you could put the bezel ring off and get a look at that retaining ring underneath

Interesting. So they are TW subs, maybe bests if they take gen parts. You definitely need a gen crown- those crowns are way too big! Bezel insert is the old style, kinda out of place on a modern sub, and a better pearl would help also. Crown guards look decent. I'm not a fan of the rehaut engraving, but it could be polished off I guess. And if the price is right, it could be a good sub with a few mods.

Yes, this version just came from Taiwan. The supplier confirmed to me that this one can put gen parts in as well as ETA 2894 movement. For Price of this one is $350 and you go to do the modded by yourself.

problems: dial , crystal is too tall, datefon, engraving is off, insert is also bad

despite all that those crown guards dont look too bad... also the hands seems ok. does it indeed accept gen parts? lets see the crown tube and maybe if you could put the bezel ring off and get a look at that retaining ring underneath

Thanks for your recommendation, mate. This is what I need to mod my Sub. :D

What sort of prices are you looking at for these? Are they making a good SD rep as well? We really need a well made, accurate SD to replace the WM9 project watch which is slowly fading into the sunset :angry2:

Price is $350 in here, mate. They did mode to order of good SD and YM as well. WM9 might want time to finish his project, mate. :D His work is art so give him sometimes then you wont be disappointed for sure. :D

Hmmmm... Rehaut looks like it's got quite a bit of angle, and perhaps too shallow.

The crown height doesn't look to be the correct position/height at profile to accept a gen 3135 either.

Thanks for your info, mate. :) Then I know how I can manage to this watches either return it back to him or let's try to modded it. :)

Best regards,

Paul

Yes, this version just came from Taiwan. The supplier confirmed to me that this one can put gen parts in as well as ETA 2894 movement. For Price of this one is $350 and you go to do the modded by yourself.

For the $350 price, what is the base movement? Also, you'd be putting in an eta 2892-2 wouldn't you? The 2894 is a chronograph movement, isn't it?