When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Out Of the Box PAM for 2010

Looter

Hello to everybody!!

I am quite new to the rep scene and I really do like Panerai watches.

I would like to make a gift to myself for Christmas and it will be my first rep watch.

I want to get the best available out of the box PAM rep.

Is it the 236 model?

Or maybe the new 288?

What about the the new 111j?

Or is it something else?

Thanking you in advance!!

Chris

It's all subjective and the debate could go on forever. But judging by the comments made by some esteemed members who own both the ultimate Daylights series & the new Rad 288- it's pretty unanimous that the 288 currently reigns as the most accurate hands down. The 111J is nice, but doesn't look like they have made any changes to the movt. decoration (cotes de geneve & engraving).

Thank you for your feedback and for your welcome messages!

It seems that the new 288 and the last Daylights are best choices for the moment!

I am a little bit scared regarding the recent lume problems with the daylights.

But on the other hand , daylights have better movement than 288!!

I want the best out of the box rep as i will not do any modifications to the watch!

I would also like to know if there are dealers who send QC pics without requesting to be paid first.

Is it a common policy to pay before you get the pics of the watch you will take?

Thanks for your time!!

Chris

Edited by Looter

Thank you for your feedback and for your welcome messages!

It seems that the new 288 and the last Daylights are best choices for the moment!

I am a little bit scared regarding the recent lume problems with the daylights.

But on the other hand , daylights have better movement than 288!!

I want the best out of the box rep as i will not do any modifications to the watch!

I would also like to know if there are dealers who send QC pics without requesting to be paid first.

Is it a common policy to pay before you get the pics of the watch you will take?

Thanks for your time!!

Chris

Not having to do mods is great, but you SHOULD DEFINITELY get your watch serviced at some point. This is not a "mod" but a general maintenance point. Whenever we talk about "best out of box" reps here, we speak about them purely in the phyical appearance aspect. Mechanics and movements are always better to be serviced, especially chrono graph movements :)

In regards to your other question, yes, it's common policy to pay before you get any pics. QC pics are a bit of legwork for many of the dealers, as they have to go to the factory, pic out a watch, take pics of it etc. Mary from puretime sometimes doesn't ask for payment before pics, but i guess it depends on the dealer.

Not having to do mods is great, but you SHOULD DEFINITELY get your watch serviced at some point. This is not a "mod" but a general maintenance point. Whenever we talk about "best out of box" reps here, we speak about them purely in the phyical appearance aspect. Mechanics and movements are always better to be serviced, especially chrono graph movements :)

In regards to your other question, yes, it's common policy to pay before you get any pics. QC pics are a bit of legwork for many of the dealers, as they have to go to the factory, pic out a watch, take pics of it etc. Mary from puretime sometimes doesn't ask for payment before pics, but i guess it depends on the dealer.

+1000000000

The new Asian 7753s have serious QC issues that should be resolved as quickly as possible if you want a long lasting trouble free watch :)