When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Railmaster

insane

Hey Guys..

I fell in love with the Railmaster last night, and after reading a bit about it here, I tried to figure out which dealer to use.

Silix-prime:

$185 + $28 shipping = $213

38x46x10mm

ETA 2824

Saphire with AR

125804-20399.jpg

WO-Mart:

$189 including shipping

41x10mm

ETA 2836

Saphire with AR

125804-20400.jpg

Trusty

$238 + $25 shipping = $263

40x8mm

ETA 2836-2

Saphire

125804-20401.jpg

Joshua

$238 + $30 shipping = $268

40x8mm

ETA 2824-2

Saphire

125804-20402.jpg

I've bought all my latest watches from Josh, but also lots from Trusty. Only a couple from Silix and one from Paul.. The only problem is the price. These watches are pretty much the same, and with a price difference of $100, but with an image of a rusty LV band from my last WO-mart purchase in my head, I'm am not sure what to do.

Anyone here got the Railmaster from WO-Mart or Silix?

Regards

Thor

As those all appeared on the dealer's websites at about the same time, i guess they're all from the same factory.

You've experienced all the dealers you list, so make your decision. Is the service of Josh, Andrew or Silix worth the price difference over Paul?

Great choice by the way. I really must get around to buying one myself.

PS. I just got a 42mm 5th gen Planet Ocean on leather from paul. My first from him in about 12 months. It took a while, but A) He's the only once who sells that model afaik, and B) it's over $100 cheaper than anyone elses. The price difference was worth the risk imo. Now i'm happy.

Wo-Mart's has a different movement?

As those all appeared on the dealer's websites at about the same time, i guess they're all from the same factory.

You've experienced all the dealers you list, so make your decision. Is the service of Josh, Andrew or Silix worth the price difference over Paul?

Great choice by the way. I really must get around to buying one myself.

PS. I just got a 42mm 5th gen Planet Ocean on leather from paul. My first from him in about 12 months. It took a while, but A) He's the only once who sells that model afaik, and B) it's over $100 cheaper than anyone elses. The price difference was worth the risk imo. Now i'm happy.

Anyone here got the Railmaster from WO-Mart or Silix?

The watch is the same for all the dealers....

the first point is to save money or no?

With Paul the money is save but....

the second point is in case of problems who offers the good service?

With Andrew & Joshua you have a good service after sale...

I recently purchased the Railmaster from Silix. It's a great piece. I don't think you can go wrong with any of our dealers. Angel & Jay have always taken care of any problems I have had. For the price you can't go wrong. The strap on the Silix version is very good and the buckle is great. I want one for my PO!!

Good luck with your Railmaster, Insane. A very stylish watch, if you can live without a date.

Thanks for the LV from Paul, by the way! I agree that the rust stains inside the clasp dont look well.. But, I have experienced rust on bracelets from Andrew also. Anyway, a very nice LV with excellent dial, CGs and date! :)