When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep give aways

t1mmy

I've two ap reps and I love them.

What stops me buying more is the big "tell" which screams rep. The date wheel on the gen looks a lot deeper than on the rep. Everytime I see a gen in a shop I can't help but get annoyed with the rep.

Is it genuinely deeper or has the gen got a different magnification which makes it look deeper?

I've two ap reps and I love them.

What stops me buying more is the big "tell" which screams rep. The date wheel on the gen looks a lot deeper than on the rep. Everytime I see a gen in a shop I can't help but get annoyed with the rep.

Is it genuinely deeper or has the gen got a different magnification which makes it look deeper?

Deeper because of the movement. There is no solution to this unless a competely different movement is used and you would be entering fraken territory there.

But unless you go round giving your rep over for comparisons against other APs then the biggest tell is just your self, A peson mostly be judged with his first impressions, if you get out of a car worth $300 and wear a watch worth 300K whether it is gen or not no one will belive you. I know the small things are anoying but on the whole they are just small things

I think what makes them look deeper is the fact the later generation gens have AR on the cycloops creating that deepness effect. If factories fixed this flaw it would make a big difference IMO. Still, AP reps are among the best. Enjoy them for the beautiful timepieces that they are.

Edited by j4jure

I would not be concerned about wearing one outside the AD.

How many people would

1) Know about this? and

2) Microanalyse your watch to find this difference and

3) Draw the conclusion that your watch is fake?

Most likely answer: Noone.

Much more likely that they will use the FxrAndy method and look at you first, then the watch and then draw a conclusion.

And even more likely - in fact by far the most likely - they would not look, care or know of Audemars Piguet.

With this one the quality is A-OK.

I don't wear the watches for anyone else but me. I happily let people know they are a rep. But I guess I'm just one of those people who like the rep for the quality of the product and likeness to the gen. I dunno, I just like them to match the gen in everyway and when I see a flaw, it really stands out for me - no one else! Guess that's just me.

I agree that the AR on the cyclops might make it look deeper - can taka or one of the others AR the cyclops?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wear the watches for anyone else but me. I happily let people know they are a rep. But I guess I'm just one of those people who like the rep for the quality of the product and likeness to the gen. I dunno, I just like them to match the gen in everyway and when I see a flaw, it really stands out for me - no one else! Guess that's just me.

I know what you mean, it's exactly the same for me. I don't care about anyone identifying my watch as a rep, I don't try to pass them off as gen anyway. Still, I hate those little imperfections on our reps. If I had the funds, I'd buy the gens of all my favourite watches, but as I haven't... well, I guess I'll have to live with those little flaws.