When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

real or fake? tag heuer 2000 professional

se10ery

hi people m new to the site and ive just got my first tag heuer watch and yes its second hand off a well know auction site, now the guy i had it off said he sure its real but im unsure?

it has the crown on the winder and box and little booklet etc serial number we1211-r and tag heuer on the back etc but still unsure how can i tell?

the thing is i won it cheap and you no when you get something cheap you think fake

please help

thanks

post-32081-0-27569600-1291933847.jpg

post-32081-0-63999300-1291933872.jpg

post-32081-0-31765800-1291933887.jpg

Pics are a little too small to tell. I have the gen in a blue dial. My 'box' and papers look very different, as does the dial. Could be different generations, I suppose.

The 'box' is soft leatherette with a zip top and a gray interior. This is the only picture I currently have.

04_3.jpg

Edited by tomhorn

Was thinking that but wouldn't you affect the seal eg waterproof etc

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is one of the most persistent myths concerning watches. I don't believe there is any special sealant that can only be applied at the TAG, Casio, or Seiko service center. I reckon their technicians just lube the seal, or replace it if, necessary.

In other words, unscrew that caseback and see what you've got.