When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Real AP Diver is out! (Teaser Pic)

edgematic1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whats particulary wrong with the watches that has Josh in his site?

The inner bezel is rotating?

How better will going to be the second version...?

There are actually quite a few problems. The date window, for one, is trapezoidal on the gen; the rep has it round.The outer bezel on the gen is noticeably thinner on the gen, I think they just reused the same bezel as the regular ROO on the rep. The caseback is too thick; the hour hand is either too long or the stick markers are, but the hour hand shouldn't overlap the markers like they do on the gen. The type font used on the inner bezel also differs from the gen.

Who knows, maybe the factory will correct the mistakes at some point, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.

One photo from Eunomians watch that has sold now.

Seems perfectly wearable watch!

If one can have a swiss engine.

Not good replication though. The gen also have bigger crowns.

And the dial have a nice patern...

post-26219-0-29241200-1296470700.jpg

Edited by laskos

The one I sold was actually quite a good rep. It was hard to capture with the crappy S90 camera I used. If I had taken my time with the 5Dmk2, you guys woulda been more impressed. There were subtle details that were 'off' but the watch was very well-made and the overall feel of the rep was fantastic. I do; however, look forward to a finalized so-called ultimate version.

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting for a piece to be released never saves money, makes no difference really, you just get tired of waiting and buy something else!! :)

Maciek my man....this is the "art of rep-purchase"...only spend your money on pieces you really WANT.

So at the moment I only want 3 pieces....a DIVER, a CHRONOPASSION and a GRAND PRIX.

Cheers and stay away from the boards you addict :winkiss:

Theo

Maciek my man....this is the "art of rep-purchase"...only spend your money on pieces you really WANT.

So at the moment I only want 3 pieces....a DIVER, a CHRONOPASSION and a GRAND PRIX.

Cheers and stay away from the boards you addict :winkiss:

Theo

Theo, I would have to say that over the years you have wanted quite a few pieces. :lol: You have a fabulous collection. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes you´re right....and honestly a month w/o a rep-purchase does not save me money, it only delays the purchase in a future month and adds up to the other "want to haves".

It will be an expensive year 2011 for me for sure :black_eye:

Theo

Look at the bright side. We all get to live vicariously through your pictures. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...