When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will this case work for a 5512?

chiman12

The two biggest differences between your case and Sheartime's are of course the cg's and secondly, his has well rounded (over polished?) lugs. Of course, how's the bezel assembly on yours? Also, your caseback is (too)deep.

I was thinking about the $99 1680 case that DW was advertizing, but the 1680 dial is 26.5mm and we don't know how a movt would fit in there since it's made for a 1575. A new $10 crystal on the DW case would be easy.

That case with the HE valve would make for a novel 5512! Certainly the only one in existance to my knowledge!

The two biggest differences between your case and Sheartime's are of course the cg's and secondly, his has well rounded (over polished?) lugs. Of course, how's the bezel assembly on yours? Also, your caseback is (too)deep.

I was thinking about the $99 1680 case that DW was advertizing, but the 1680 dial is 26.5mm and we don't know how a movt would fit in there since it's made for a 1575. A new $10 crystal on the DW case would be easy.

That case with the HE valve would make for a novel 5512! Certainly the only one in existance to my knowledge!

Would that not then be a 5514? edit they were non chronometers wernt they :black_eye:

Thanks guys! I actually modded a buddy's MBW 5512 and actually quite liked it! But I have these parts sitting around, so I might as well use them. That being said, this is an old skool 9411 case and it's all wrong for a 9411...so I'm going to make this out of it....

MyTudor7928_012.jpg