When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention BK WM9 v2 and v3 Owners

d-rock

And I can also see where the shape of the v1 CG's would make the crown appear to be a tad lower on the bottom. They actually look the same height on the top...to me anyway. Wish I had a gen to compare...wanna donate one to me for the cause. :pardon:

Edited by d-rock

Looking at these comparison photos of stripped down cases by BK, it sure does look like more than some

of the dimensions mentioned elsewhere... :whistling:

Jack

have a pic of your V3 straight from top showing the crown ? ;) like the second pic i posted ?

No, I haven't had a V2 to compare to a V3, but the review of the V2(at the top of The Rolex Area forum)done by By-Tor talks about the vertical crown height being wrong. That's what I'm referring to.

That and the fact the V2 had the small movement are the reasons I waited and bought a used V3 to super-franken out.

Jack

The crown position is EXACTLY 0,45 mm to LOW on the VM9 V2/V1 compared to the V3 :whistling:

The V2 use a eta 2678 movement and that movement has the SAME crownpostiton as the Eta 2836-2!

I've done a comparison in the past maybe take the search function. If u look at my hybrid Sub you can see I mixed all the parts from V2 and V3 to get a nice Sub. About the Crown position it's really not much better on V3. The bad thing on V3 is the clearance of the Crown to the Bezel. Maybe a bad machine midcase.

You can read all this in my older post

I've done a comparison in the past maybe take the search function. If u look at my hybrid Sub you can see I mixed all the parts from V2 and V3 to get a nice Sub. About the Crown position it's really not much better on V3. The bad thing on V3 is the clearance of the Crown to the Bezel. Maybe a bad machine midcase.

You can read all this in my older post

+1 The best WM9 sub is a mix of parts from the other versions based on either the V1 or V2 caseset. I have done something similar as well. V1 needs a bit more work than V2 but at least the V1's SEL fitment are generally better than on V2's. At least that was my experience after owning 4 x WM9 V2 Subs in the past. The SEL fitment on the V3 did not impress me either and I own a WM9 V3 LV as well ...

Edited by R_Squared

About the crown position, pay attention to the post of BK and Stilty in the V vs V thread. I think it says all.

BK assembled loads of V2 and V3, we can safely conclude he knows his stuff. Now Stilty, producing movement adaptor rings. Im pretty sure he knows the tolerance.

So, it is same old story, best sub is gen sub. With WM9 v1/2/3 and PT socalled WM9 v1, all are still faulty by default but best rep subs to date. Just pick your poison.

About the crown position, pay attention to the post of BK and Stilty in the V vs V thread. I think it says all.

BK assembled loads of V2 and V3, we can safely conclude he knows his stuff. Now Stilty, producing movement adaptor rings. Im pretty sure he knows the tolerance.

So, it is same old story, best sub is gen sub. With WM9 v1/2/3 and PT socalled WM9 v1, all are still faulty by default but best rep subs to date. Just pick your poison.

BK is a good friend of mine, and I have bought many of his creations. He is by far the best rolex sub modder in the forum ... bar none. This whole crown position discussion is pointless as only you will see it most of the time. If you are a hardcore rolex owner you *might* notice but only really upclose. That is why many of the experienced sub modders don't focus on it.

All reps whether it be WM9 or the Cartel Ultimate this or that have flaws right out of the box. No question, but with careful modding and selection of parts, you can rebuild many of these WM9 Subs into something very accurate that it currently is. All you need is the time, money and intricate knowledge of the various sub models. Not that hard to achieve if you know what you are doing ...

Who has the best sub - ROLEX INC ... in other words, a gen sub ...

Edited by R_Squared

BK is a good friend of mine, and I have bought many of his creations. He is by far the best rolex sub modder in the forum ... bar none. This whole crown position discussion is pointless as only you will see it most of the time. If you are a hardcore rolex owner you *might* notice but only really upclose. That is why many of the experienced sub modders don't focus on it.

All reps whether it be WM9 or the Cartel Ultimate this or that have flaws right out of the box. No question, but with careful modding and selection of parts, you can rebuild many of these WM9 Subs into something very accurate that it currently is. All you need is the time, money and intricate knowledge of the various sub models. Not that hard to achieve if you know what you are doing ...

Who has the best sub - ROLEX INC ... in other words, a gen sub ...

+1

Here is the Link to my Hybrid Sub

This one is mixed V2 -V3

Base Case is the V2 installed a Gen Tube and Crown.

Movement is the 2824 from the V3 and yes it fits fine.

Gen insert

Gen Crystal

Gen Datewheel as an Overlay.

SEL's extracted from Noob bracelet Reshaped to Gen dimensions

Rest of the bracelet is V3

In this Topic is the Link to the old Post

Edited by Tribal

Here is the Link to my Hybrid Sub

This one is mixed V2 -V3

Base Case is the V2 installed a Gen Tube and Crown.

Movement is the 2824 from the V3 and yes it fits fine.

Gen insert

Gen Crystal

Gen Datewheel as an Overlay.

SEL's extracted from Noob bracelet Reshaped to Gen dimensions

Rest of the bracelet is V3

In this Topic is the Link to the old Post

Tribal, I wanted to ask you a question about the SEL mod you did, but your not receiving

any PM's; is there a chance you could drop me a line at: jack@cmspan.net

Jack