When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

will 2784 hands fit a 2824?

what2

I"m thinking the answer might be no, if so is there another easier to find family of eta movements that use the same hand size? Yukiwath for instance sells a dial and hand set for 2784, dial I am not worried about with glue... hands though might be a problem.

Slightly off piste but....

Will eta 2893-2 GMT hand set fit a eta 2836-2 GMT movement?  :drinks:

The hour, minute and second hand will fit. The GMT/4th hand might fit, but usually does not fit. The ETA and Asian 2836-2 GMT movements are modified by our Chinese friends and usually use a larger cannon pinion, but they have varied by the factory. The ETA 2893-2 GMT/4th hand measures 1.80. Measure your 2836-2, it is likely 2.0. I only know of one person who was able to successfully turn down the pinion to make it fit. I haven't tried yet. 

someone with a good staking tool set, patience and knowledge could probably do it....I have seen it done on PAM 29 they have swapped the 2836-2 for a 2893-2 movement....so it is possible

but it has to be someone that is precise and clean.....so not to mangle the GMT hand

The hour, minute and second hand will fit. The GMT/4th hand might fit, but usually does not fit. The ETA and Asian 2836-2 GMT movements are modified by our Chinese friends and usually use a larger cannon pinion, but they have varied by the factory. The ETA 2893-2 GMT/4th hand measures 1.80. Measure your 2836-2, it is likely 2.0. I only know of one person who was able to successfully turn down the pinion to make it fit. I haven't tried yet.