When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Avenger v2 vs V3 - with pics!

boomer775

Experts,

Have a fried (at least that's what I am telling my wife anyway :whistling:) who is interested in a skyland blacksteel. Have been doing some research on the differences between the v1, 2 & 3. I can see that the v1 is the one to stay away from b/c of the imperfections from the original skyland v1, but I am struggling to determine the exact differences between the v2 and v3. Mary is quoting the v2 at $30 more than the v3 with the same movement, but I wasn't sure what the differences were that would make the older model more expensive... Any thoughts?

Thanks!

When you are talking about the blacksteel, there are only two versions, the V2 & V3. Long story ;) There are some minor differences in the watches, but it is generally conceded that the V2 is slightly more accurate. The big difference is in the coating of the watch. The V2 is DLC coated, the same process used on the gen. The V3 is is PVD coated, which gives a blacker, shinier appearance. In this case its a wise decision to pay the extra money and get the V2.

When you are talking about the blacksteel, there are only two versions, the V2 & V3. Long story ;) There are some minor differences in the watches, but it is generally conceded that the V2 is slightly more accurate. The big difference is in the coating of the watch. The V2 is DLC coated, the same process used on the gen. The V3 is is PVD coated, which gives a blacker, shinier appearance. In this case its a wise decision to pay the extra money and get the V2.

I'd have to say you're wrong andrew.

The watch above is a V3.. and has DLC coating. The tell is the "1" numeral on the bezel which is open instead of "angled".

The V1 of this watch is standard pvd and shinier, darker and also has the same incorrect "1".

This came up last week somewhere on the board.. and I thought there were only 2 versions as well.. But it turns out that there is 3

chronoluvv is correct...the bezel and pushers are diff - v2 better...finish on both is dlc...

i'd get the more accurate v2...and for $30usd more, its worth it in the event you ever decide to sell it...resale value of the v2 will hold more than the v3...

lastly - and this is important...there's a hybrid version out there (sport ice) had one for sale...it was a mix/match of v1 and v3 - v1 dial, v3 bezel/case...sooooo - best be careful and get pix of the exact watch you plan to buy...this is yet another reason why i'd go v2...its the only one with the correct "1"s and with the right dlc coating...

enjoy - R

ps...andreww is wearing an Omega today... :drinks: