When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble With Customs And Lawer

Assasimon

This is old news...I have been there and done that. This is all [censored] intimidation tactics that they use to try to discourage it. Granted I am in the US and different laws apply, but on the old RWG, I did a big write up on this and posted images of the letter I received and everything, and simply put, you should do nothing. If someone contacts you by mail, do not respond. If someone contacts you by phone tell them you have no idea what they are talking about.

If you respond to any of it, you are likely painting a target on your @$$.

Someone on the board said that owning reps in the US isnt illegal. Is that not the case?

Again, this is a debate that raged at the old RWG, and finally someone posted verbiage quoted straight off the law books that said a person can OWN counterfiet merchandise for their own personal use as long as a clear case cannot be made for an intent to distribute or misrepresent it as a fake.

Do you guys really think the Daytona was destroyed :brow:

I doubt it...I knew a guy that worked for customs a few years back...he was always sporting nice reps (as nice as they got back then) and always had great Cubans :thumbsupsmileyanim:

its funny that you should mention that :g: every now & then my job takes me into areas where theres lots of officials , like nypd etc .. & i see lots of cops sporting rolex reps here in the big apple :rolleyes::whistling:

I know this is a crappy thing to say, but if I worked for customs, and it was my mob to stop the flow of IPR violations, and I had easy access or even official approval to take a few home, you better believe I'd jump at the opportunity. But then again, I would never help " the man " like that, so I would never be faced with that situation.