When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with a watch collector documentary!

mtv2009

What a great doco, and most importantly, the acknowledgement by the watch dealer upon seeing the fake Nautilus for $300 that the Swiss watch makers really ARE taking the [censored] out of their customers... Great little doco, cheers for the link guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic documentary, but the smug, elitist attitudes of the collectors made me want to commit hate crimes. The company heads on the other hand, seemed way more practical and down to earth about the nature of a watch. Shame Felicity Kendal wasn't interviewed more extensively, I'd've found her insights way more interesting than Mr Rehab and his Peruvian... Thanks for sharing :drinks:

I believe that what these people are missing about rep people is the fact that most of us are avid watch lovers at least as them, and even own some gens. For me, the rep world is another very interesting aspect of the watch hobby. I would even say the most interesting aspect, since gens are the destination, but reps are the journey...

I just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it, but at times it seemed like an advertisement for Rolex.

Seriously, these exotic collectors have unlimited wealth, and all they are looking for is more variants of daytonas? How about something with rare complications from the big three? Or better yet commissioning a unique original from an independent watchmaker? Or sheesh, if I was the guy living in the castle, I would be hunting for a Breuget worn by Napoleon or something. And then the dealer guy says something like "Richard Mille is the only maker who inspires me." Dude, get a Basel catalog.

Still lots of fun and worth the watch just to see those crazy rare models.