When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen watch for ~3000$ - any suggestions?

kramerica2

There is a Monaco for sale in the Gen section, an absolute icon of a watch which has never been replicated worth a crap!! Seller is a fantastic guy too and it is mint!!

Also, came across this on my travels around the forum, it's brand new and I don't think this one is repped, correct me if I'm wrong please guys!

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/111866-gen-omega-speedmater-limited-edition/http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/111866-gen-omega-speedmater-limited-edition/

Big Minty Bears Doxa suggestion is a great one too, Doxa's are THE sex!!

Sixx :bones:

Not unless you want to drop $500 every 2 years for battery replacement and transponder recertification.

Wow... They certainly don't talk about that in the TV commercials... 500 cookies every 720 days, not incl. Service costs. I suppose it's a quartz, not much to fiddle around with in there...

Edited by subbiesrock

I personaly think that you will always get your money back on them most proberbly a bit more

I second the 5513/1675 recommendation. IF your patient and perform your due diligence you'll realize a reasonable return if and when you sell it. Same for the Tudor Chronograph. IF you buy new from an AD, no matter the brand, your more than likely seriously underH20 immediately and, with some of the recommendations listed, you'll stay there. Totally depends on whether your CERTAIN your going to keep the watch for the duration, etc.

I second the 5513/1675 recommendation. IF your patient and perform your due diligence you'll realize a reasonable return if and when you sell it. Same for the Tudor Chronograph. IF you buy new from an AD, no matter the brand, your more than likely seriously underH20 immediately and, with some of the recommendations listed, you'll stay there. Totally depends on whether your CERTAIN your going to keep the watch for the duration, etc.

BTW, I had a Cal. 861 Pre-Moon and it is a great watch... :)

You have had a lot of good advice so far- but only you can define the general categories you are willing to search.

I'm only going to suggest that there are some awesome Bucherers out there in your price range, with some of the classic top end swiss chronometer complications from Wakmann and Mathey-Tissot.

Enjoy your search!

Carl

Wow! There are a lot of nice options you brought up. It's certainly a fun journey.

About the eBay or sales forum suggestions, they are almost irrelevant since I don't live in the US nor the EU, thus even if someone is willing to send the watch over, I would have to pay customs tax, making it too expensive.

The Doxa does seem very nice, but the brand has a bad (although wrong) reputation around here. Back in the days It used to be the watch that parents gave their children as a "bar mitzvah" gift at the age of 13, and that reputation stuck with Doxa, so you rarely see them these days.

I'm checking out every suggestion, but I realize now, that it would be hard for me to pass on the Moonwatch.

Thanks again, hope to close the deal soon, and I promise to post some wristies for you guys....