When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Dynamic

Irontomkidd

Thanks cougar1.

I was expecting my AD to go easy since this isn’t a co-axial movement but no such luck… I had to stop in to have my PO serviced under warranty any way, and thought I would get this done at the same time. $450 to service this thing! I told them to do the work on the PO and I would take the Dynamic to my watchmaker, which I did and he quoted $125. He did say it was losing 00:02:30 a day, which I expected from a mid 1990’s watch that has never been serviced.

My story started back in the spring of this year. I happened across this watch on the Omega forum, couldn’t read the dial but it was on a nato strap. I spent the next few days trying to figure out what model it was, all I knew was… it was an Omega and it looked great on a nato strap. While searching pictures on Google I found it; an Omega Dynamic 5250.50.00 the next trick was to find one for sale. I checked the usual places TZ, the bay, etc. I saw a few on TZ that had sold in the past but nothing recent. A few months go by and I find one on the bay at a ridiculous price, maybe 3x what it should be. I contacted the seller and told him I would be willing to pay reasonable price, etc. he evidently didn’t want to sell it. I wound up missing 2 more for on a forum, they just seem to be flying out the door as soon as they go up. This month I lucked into this watch, in beautiful condition, good price… 9 month in the making and its finally here and I am sooooooo happy. It’s not the most expensive gen, and it doesn’t have any special complications, but something about this watch speaks to me. I love it.

Thanks for looking

Joe

Great story irontom, the search can be almost as much fun as finally getting hold of it. It's an unusual watch, bit of a headturner and i'm sure you'll get some good compliments on in the future. Wear it well!

BTW I here you on omega service prices....bloody unbelieveable. You got it sorted at a good price, fair play. If you are ever getting a full service on it or anything else from omega it might be best sending it directly to them in Bienne, Switzerland. It would be expensive but at least you'll know they'll completely restore the watch to brand new condition.

Some of the omega service centres seemingly can be a bit hit and miss in the quality of their full service and still charge a premium for it! I know the ones in UK are dreadful at times for mistakes and shoddy work.

Anyway great watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really liked this last generation of Omega Dynamics, and was very close to getting the Targa Florio two-register chronos (not to be confused with TAG-Heuer's Targa Florio) when I saw one at a second-hand watch store. Great value for a classic-looking Omega.

The only downside is that it was endorsed by Ralf Schumacher. :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I keep coming back to look at the pictures because it was only in hand for about 3 hours lol. :bangin:

@ LHOOQ – I would like to have the Dynamic Chronograph as well but this was first on the list, I love the military look of it. now just have to decide on the color for the nato…. There cheap, maybe I’ll get two.

:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t seen one of the cronos live, and I guess I expected it to be a little larger. It looks nice, but you are right… you need something a little larger when you start adding complications. I really just like the looks of these watches, can’t wait to get mine back. I stopped in to visit it last week and my watchmaker said its half done… :pardon: