When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

case for tudor 9401

scooterboy

hi there, i am looking for a long time for a tudor submariner!

i did buy yukis 9401 no date dial and hands, the dial is 26mm, i know pt`s 1665/1680..... is to big for this dial, i know the best would be the mbk 5513 - this one is very rare!

what about the new vintage rolex from andrew/josh and connie, someone says this are copies from the mbk 5513?

does everyone know the dial diameter of this watches?

thanks

Interesting Teejay, could you tell us more? Will a gen bezel insert, crystal and dial fit this watch?

I wish I could tell you, but I have absolutely no idea as I've never measured the watch's dimensions. All I can tell you, is that I've fitted a 28mm dial with no issue, and the watch doesn't flood if I go swimming or have a shower :good:

Do you have pictures of your result?

Indeed I do :) Nothing spectacular, but I like it :)

DSCN3098.jpg

DSCN3578.jpg

DSCN3220.jpg

If the dimensions are the same as the old "Polex" 5513 MBW cases, everything should work. Bezel inserts as well as crystal and others have said above no problems with dials. This is the perfect platform to build either a 9401 or a 9411 Tudor.

• Like 1

@teejay which dial do you use? Yukis dial have 26mm diameter? Yours 28mm! When we can get some 28mm tudor dials we can use puretimes 1680 watch!

Ahh, I forgot to say, the Tudor dials I have are not commercially available... They were gifts/project collaborations with another forum member who printed some water decals, then mounted them on existing dials I sent him, then applied luminous paint and varnish onto the decal. I'm not sure if Yuki takes dial commissions, but I believe Michael Young at Classic Watch Parts will take dial commissions, so that might be something worth considering so as to use the 28mm dials :)

[Edit to add]

The bracelet fitted to the watch in the top pics was taken from a GMT II, not the stock bracelet which the watch came on :)