When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

fantasy combo question

mastergod

Hi guys, for your consideration, a proposition from the department of Ken Sato-mind Rolex fantasy assuming to be gen :whistling:

Goal: An old-skool tool-beater with contemporary size.

Imagine if you will...

(All parts beat-up and repolished including plexi)

41mm DJ2 case with rolexrolex sanded off, lugs drilled and custom dome plexi (personally I think bezel is too wide. Should be trimmed a mm from inside perhaps?)

post-2870-0-03129700-1293491693.png

Vintage bracelet, not necessarily this one

post-2870-0-76762300-1293491739.png

Dial/hands like this (waterslide with old-skool "slightly fuct" vintage tritium style relume) and no product name

post-2870-0-64158600-1293491769.png

8mm Brevet (DSN)

post-2870-0-07165300-1293491792.png

Any good as a low-key "don't ask-beater"?

Should it be blasted!!?

??

mg

It could be a Rolex from the future... something you picked up in the year 2045. A vintage 2010 model thats seen a hard life.

I also agree that the bezels look out of proportion on these new ones. Its too thick and looks funny. When they made the DJ2 they should have made the dial bigger and not just the case size. If you already have the watch, I say go for it! I personally wouldnt spend a lot of money on this sort of thing, but it might make for an interesting project. Maybe a Homage like you said with no product name on the dial but you could keep the Rolex logo on the crown and bracelet...

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Dizz

When you change to the plexi you will probably need to shave don the ID of the bezel but I doubt it will be enough to thin it much. You might be able to make a slightly thinner bezel, though...