When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Ottawa, Canada!

blazer119

Season's Greetings everyone! Really glad to see such a fantastic resource like this still exists on the net.

I plan to do a lot of research here...especially since I'm considering buying several QUALITY replicas ($300-$500+).

I'm hoping someone can give me a few quick bullet point answers to help narrow my search a little bit and guide me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a supplier that fits the following criteria:

1. Is able to ship to Canada seamlessly and relatively quickly without customs problems (least international shipping risk);
  2. Has a wide selection of Breitling pieces - particularly the Bentley GT production line.

I've done some looking around and found the site "trustywatchguy.com" - which I remember browsing years ago but under different names (trustytime.com, trustytime88.com, etc). I'm thinking those past sites were shut down - maybe there's a thread about this?

Is trustywatchguy.com a reputable seller, and if so can any Canadians here tell me their experiences with that site - offer any other suggestions?

ANY guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks all, looking forward to hangin around here a lot more.

Cheers!

Good luck on your journey, I started collecting 3 years ago and it took a long time to absorb enough information to feel knowledgeable. Maybe someone who has had the experience can elaborate, but I believe that watches confiscated by customs are usually reshipped. Another common misconception is that quick shipment in the rep world is the same as the rest of the world… it is not. The quickest shipment I think I have experienced was just over a week, and recently I ordered one that took 2 months. Be patient, and doing your homework will help.

Good luck on your journey, I started collecting 3 years ago and it took a long time to absorb enough information to feel knowledgeable. Maybe someone who has had the experience can elaborate, but I believe that watches confiscated by customs are usually reshipped. Another common misconception is that quick shipment in the rep world is the same as the rest of the world… it is not. The quickest shipment I think I have experienced was just over a week, and recently I ordered one that took 2 months. Be patient, and doing your homework will help.

Appreciate the prompt tips, iron. I've been reading the forums the last couple of hours - amazing what you can learn in such a short period of time. Thanks again.

Hi and Welcome to this wonderful world. :)

Trusty is an official RWG seller. There's tons of reviews about him in the dealers section. See here.

There are also other trusted sellers. I recommend reading a bit before choosing one seller. Then stick to that one for a while if your experience is good.

The big sellers tend to change domain adresses from time to time. They announce this in their section on RWG. I believe it's because of legal reasons. Always be careful not to use a fake trusted seller site. There are many crooks trying to make a profit of the good name of the trusted seller sites.

Have fun and hold your wallet. It's gonna be an expensive adventure! :lol:

Val.

Welcome to RWG Blazer,many of are well respected members are from Oh Canada. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I purchased my first rep from Andrew@Trustyguy,excellent dealer. The rule of thumb Is "stick to the trusted dealers list" and you wont go wrong. The best advice I could give you Is do a lot of research,read the dealers reviews, then decide on a watch that you like and read as many reviews on that watch as you can. Then when you are ready to order you will be reasonably comfortable with the transaction and what to expect. The Infomation here Is the best available In the rep world,take advantage of It,happy new year :drinks: Mike

Thanks everyone!

Just in case anyone can give me their two cents from experience, I'm interested in the following pieces:

BL02058 Bentley 6.75 Big Date Chrono SS Black A-7750 Sec@3 28800

1-pc8838.com/bl02058-bentley-date-chrono-black-a7750-sec3-28800-p-3681.html

BL02062 Bentley 6.75 Big Date Chrono SS White A-7750 Sec@3 28800

1-pc8838.com/bl02062-bentley-date-chrono-white-a7750-sec3-28800-p-3684.html

BLBE10001 Bentley 30s Chrono SS/SS White Asia 7750 28800bph

1-pc8838.com/blbe10001-bentley-chrono-ssss-white-asia-7750-28800bph-p-8227.html

BL02021 Bentley 30s Model T SS Black Asia 7750 28800bph

1-pc8838.com/bl02021-bentley-model-black-asia-7750-28800bph-p-2686.html

I'm also a classic car nut...I'm looking to get a new rep to match a (new) old 86' Bentley Mulsanne (white/burgundy interior) that I just acquired.

Any first thoughts are appreciated.

BL02021 Bentley 30s Model T SS Black Asia 7750 28800bph

1-pc8838.com/bl02021-bentley-model-black-asia-7750-28800bph-p-2686.html :good:

I would stick with a seconds at 9 model. I don’t know about the sec at 3 but the sec at 6 has posed problems with the Daytona. It may not be an issue, and maybe someone who has one can elaborate. But for your first rep I would stick with something with the least chance of dying in the first 3 months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...