When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Couple questions about the PT 1665 GW

Prsist

1. Can a MBK dial be put in a PT 1665 GW? Can any other dials be put in?

- I dont mind the dial window so much (I need to look at some gen date windows first to

confirm this for me).

- What I dont like is the "hole" at the bottom of the coronet on the dial, the opening is

miniscule

- Putting a WTB ad in and checking the for sale parts forum the best place to find a MBW

dial?

2. My understanding is the bezel insert needs to be filed down a bit since it is supposed to

sit below the bezel a little, correct?

3. A 315-5513 insert is what the 1665 takes, correct?

4. Does a pearl come with? Or is a pearl one needed to be purchased separate

- If so I have read an Ofrei pearl will work, correct?

Thanks in advanced gents

1. Can a MBW dial be put in a PT 1665 GW? Can any other dials be put in?

- I dont mind the dial window so much (I need to look at some gen date windows first to

confirm this for me).

- What I dont like is the "hole" at the bottom of the coronet on the dial, the opening is

miniscule

- Putting a WTB ad in and checking the for sale parts forum the best place to find a MBW

dial?

2. My understanding is the bezel insert needs to be filed down a bit since it is supposed to

sit below the bezel a little, correct?

3. A 315-5513 insert is what the 1665 takes, correct?

4. Does a pearl come with? Or is a pearl one needed to be purchased separate

- If so I have read an Ofrei pearl will work, correct?

Thanks in advanced gents

yes, MBK dial will fit the PT

im not sure if you mean the MBK coronet has a small opening, or the PT, but the most recent MBK dials are just fine.

4613876119_cf661f17b4.jpg

many people seem to be searching for them all of a sudden right now. apparently theyre out of stock from sellers till february.

im not sure about sanding the bezel insert, ive tried gen insert on an MBK and it fits 100% correctly with no sanding.

315-5513 i believe is the correct part no. you can also search 5513,1680,1665 insert

some come with pearls some dont, w/pearl the price is higher, ofrei fits certain styles despite sharing the same part no. universally. my gen insert from the 80s the ofrei was slightly too wide, had to enlarge the insert hole just a wee bit.

im not sure if you mean the MBK coronet has a small opening, or the PT, but the most recent MBK dials are just fine.

many people seem to be searching for them all of a sudden right now. apparently theyre out of stock from sellers till february.

im not sure about sanding the bezel insert, ive tried gen insert on an MBK and it fits 100% correctly with no sanding.

315-5513 i believe is the correct part no. you can also search 5513,1680,1665 insert

some come with pearls some dont, w/pearl the price is higher, ofrei fits certain styles despite sharing the same part no. universally. my gen insert from the 80s the ofrei was slightly too wide, had to enlarge the insert hole just a wee bit.

Meant MBK, thanks for the correction. The coronet on my PT is god awful small. Thanks highoeyazmuhudee.

Do you know what type of inserts the PT 1665 will accept? MBK, another rep insert, or gen? I am happy with the one that came but want to sand down the insert to have it sit lower than the bezel lip and figure I will need a couple to practice on.

i remember fitting a PT insert into a GEN bezel, i had to sand the outter diameter and the bottom. this leads me to believe its larger than the gen isnert, so outter diameter wise a gen may be too small, same with the mbk insert.

maybe borrow a few inserts from someone who has them lying around doing nothing and see what fits or can be worked with before you buy.

when i have time later i can measure both a gen and a PT insert for you with calipers.

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

The PT inserts are some of the best aftermarket/replica inserts you can get. I know that the watches seem to differ slightly so there may be a couple different styles of inserts, BUT, the insert with yellowish pearl on my 1680 is by far the best one I have seen on any replica watch.

If you want you can get a better one, or get a gen one. They are expensive but you can buy one without a pearl and get a pearl from Offrei. His pearls are the same ones Rolex uses. Yuki also has pearls for the same price, but I am not sure of the quality. I wouldnt worry about your cornet on the dial, as its not all that bad. The MBW white dial is VERY good though if you can find one. Failing that you can get a dial from Yuki.

The PT inserts are some of the best aftermarket/replica inserts you can get. I know that the watches seem to differ slightly so there may be a couple different styles of inserts, BUT, the insert with yellowish pearl on my 1680 is by far the best one I have seen on any replica watch.

If you want you can get a better one, or get a gen one. They are expensive but you can buy one without a pearl and get a pearl from Offrei. His pearls are the same ones Rolex uses. Yuki also has pearls for the same price, but I am not sure of the quality. I wouldnt worry about your cornet on the dial, as its not all that bad. The MBW white dial is VERY good though if you can find one. Failing that you can get a dial from Yuki.

Dizzy, take a look at coronet opening on my dial. To me it is really small. I haven't seen one as small on a rep or gen.

P1030295.jpg

There's no doubt the hole in the crown on the PT dial is too small. Also, the 6 and 9 markers are too narrow.

Here's a gen to compare it with

IMG_340011.jpg

The next best option might be a dial from Yuki:

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6380817/8219837.htm

They come in yellow or white these days. An MBK would be nice, but they're just not that easy to find.

There's no doubt the hole in the crown on the PT dial is too small. Also, the 6 and 9 markers are too narrow.

Here's a gen to compare it with

IMG_340011.jpg

The next best option might be a dial from Yuki:

http://www.yukiwatch...817/8219837.htm

They come in yellow or white these days. An MBK would be nice, but they're just not that easy to find.

Tudor hands correct?

When you have time, that would be spectacular! I am in no hurry. Thanks highoeyazmuhudee

ok, i measured both the PT insert for the 1665/1680 pieces, and the GENUINE 5513/1680/1665 insert with calipers...twice.

my findings are in par with what i originally thought

in mm

PT INSERT

36.47 od

30.28 id

GENUINE

36.40 od

30.20 id

so to translate, the PT insert with sanding will fit into a gen bezel assembly, going the opposite direction the gen insert has a too narrow outer diamtere to fit right to the metal boundary of the bezel ring. only option would be with some glue to make it stick and accept a gap of .07mm the inner diameter would also have to be sanded on the gen insert. as for height and sitting recessed i did not measure that, as it would be too difficult to accurately measure. hope this helps.