When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement swaps

Malakei

Hey guys, I have a few watches that I love but unfortunately have entry level movements that i'm not all that happy with right now. Im curious how much expense it would be to do the following movement swaps through someone reputable that stands behind their work?

I have a DSSD ProHunter that i'd like to swap from the current 2813 to a swiss mov't or eta clone.

I have a PAM 253 Id like to change from the A7750 to a swiss chrono mov't of some sort.

I actually have 2 swiss movements in other watches a 2836-2 and another similar movement but don't know if I could use them or not or how much it would be to swap these movments between watches.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

To swap out the DG2813 you will need new hands, and a a new dial, or cut the dial feet off and use dial dots or add new dial feet to fit the ETA

The A7750, depends on which verison of movement and watch it is, post a pic, but after a service by ziggy ect it will be as good as the swiss any way

• 3 months later...

Never had any problems, noob and SSD.

That's interesting to hear. I have no direct experience to call upon but I recall reading it here before that it was the case. For some time the DG4813 from one of the dealers (can't recall which unfortunately) was highly sought after because it had the taller pinions and are now no longer available. It was commented that the DG from Ofrei for example had the shorter ones and were problematic with the raised marker dials. Hmmmmm :g: . Good to hear that it may not be the case. :)

That's interesting to hear. I have no direct experience to call upon but I recall reading it here before that it was the case. For some time the DG4813 from one of the dealers (can't recall which unfortunately) was highly sought after because it had the taller pinions and are now no longer available. It was commented that the DG from Ofrei for example had the shorter ones and were problematic with the raised marker dials. Hmmmmm :g: . Good to hear that it may not be the case. :)

Could be there are some small variations or alterations? My swaps were in early 09. With your info in mind i's wise to first ask about the hight of the canon pinion. Maybe there pinions are interchangeable? Are the members that know?

Be carefull if you are ordering from cousins UK if you order a DG4813 you will not get what you think you will get theses days

have a look here

the most healthy swap you could do is to swap in a Miyota 8215, it cost quite a bit more but it is the same movement that you will find in many watches and is sound and reliable