When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollie Experts: Caseback help

grifter

Calling on the experts here. Casebacks in the rep rollie world are not as important as in the rep PAM world, but I was wondering if any of the experts here knew what kind of caseback came on a gen Sub 1680 and a gen Daytona 116520.

I'm not as concerned about the markings inside of the caseback. I'm more concerned about the shape of the caseback. It seems that the reps have a "domed" caseback but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the casebacks on some of the models were "flat" after the teeth marks of the caseback.

I hope this question is clear.. and that the experts can understand my gibberish.. :pardon:

Thanks in advance!

cool, thx nanuq!

the casebacks i've seen on reps are domed with the slope being polished and the top being brushed.

i'm trying to see if this is correct for the 1680 and also for the daytona because i remember reading something about the caseback being flat and brushed after the teeth of the caseback. i dug up an old 1680 i've had for about 9 years and i noticed the caseback is the flat kind. if the gen 1680 has the domed caseback and the gen daytona has the flat, i was going to swap the casebacks on my reps.

thx for any help!!