When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Due For A Phone Upgrade...

jonthebhoy

Take this one...

i-mobile 902

128634-19837.jpg

128634-19838.jpg

128634-19839.jpg

Feature

- Tri-band GSM 900, 1800 ,1900 MHz

- Display TFT16M Pixels

- MP3 player

- Camera 8.0M Pixels(CCD Censor 5M Pixels)CCD Auto Focus + Flash light Xenon

- Player (MPEG4, 3GP) VCD class

- Internal memory 128MB, Support Trans-flash Card slot

- TV Out

*Free T-Flash 256 MB+Sony Headset

General

More Information: i-mobile.co.th

Network: Tri-Band 900/1800/1900

Dimensions : 102 x 48 x 17.5 mm..

Weight : g.

Design: Bar Type

Antenna:: Internal

Screen Colors: TFT 16M pixels (2.0"TFT)

Screen Size: 240x320

Navigation: 5 ways Navi-Key

Phonebook Capacity: 500

Speed Dial: yes

Memory : 128MB

Thai menu / Thai sms yes

Battery Type: Li-ion 1100 mAh

Talk Time: 3-3.5-hours*(Talk and standby time will be dependent upon network, SIM card and battery condition)

Standby Time: 300 hours*(Talk and standby time will be dependent upon network, SIM card and battery condition)

Features

Camera : 8.0M Pixels (CCD Censor 5.0M Pixels)

FM Radio: ่yes

Hand free : yes

MP3 Player: yes

Push-To-Talk Radio: no

Other TV Out,Auto Focus<Xenon Flash,VDO class VCD

Messaging

EMS: yes

MMS: yes

SMS: yes(support Thai language)

Multimedia

Backgrounds: JPG,GIF and BMP

Games: yes

Ring Tones: MP3 and 64 Polyphonic(support format MP3 and Midi,AMR,MMF)

Screen Savers: yes

Streaming Multimedia: -

Themes: yes 3 theme

Applications

Alarm Clock: yes

Calculator: yes

Calendar: yes

Email: no

Mobile Chat: no

Predictive Text: yes

To-Do List: yes

Voice Commands: -

WAP: yes

Connectivity

Bluetooth: yes

Data Cable: Accessories

GPRS: yes

Infrared Port: no

PC Sync: no

Other -

I switched from Orange to T-Mobile a few months ago and got a free Sony Ericsson w810 (the orange and black one). Been great. 2 MP camera which I used on holiday, and not bad for the convenience. I guess I play too many games on it now. Got some Texas Hold 'Em one on there.

My sister got a new SE phone with a 3MP camera (I think). It is slightly bigger but has the same functions, just doesnt look as good. Not that I'd mind that one. Functionality over form to a small degree when it comes to phones. It may well be the K800 but I forget the model number and she's gone out.

If you end up with a Sony Ericsson, get the free software Float FMA, which lets you synchronise with your computer and transfer SMS messages etc to the computer, backing up numbers; using the phone as a remote control to control your computer and so on.

Obvious place for specs is the Sony website, i think it's http://www.sonyericsson.com.

The 2 phones I mentioned play MP3s as well as games and taking pictures. The only real difference is the one with the better camera is slightly bulkier and not as nice looking. I think they both take memory cards, and you can buy 2gb memory cards from http://www.svp.com (also the best place to get blank media - they stock Taiyo Yuden discs! Very quick shipping too).

Hope that helps you, and anyone else reading. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here are links to the phones, also look them up on http://www.mobilefun.co.uk which have good prices on bluetooth headsets etc. I got one of the Krusell cases for mine from there.

SE W810i (2MP camera phone)

SE K800i(3.2 MP camera phone)

Looks like there are some new phones out : W850i; W950i (4GB memory!), though I think both may have 2MP cameras, but I'm not sure.

Here are links to the phones, also look them up on http://www.mobilefun.co.uk which have good prices on bluetooth headsets etc. I got one of the Krusell cases for mine from there.

SE W810i (2MP camera phone)

SE K800i(3.2 MP camera phone)

Looks like there are some new phones out : W850i; W950i (4GB memory!), though I think both may have 2MP cameras, but I'm not sure.

Many thanks again Chronus. The K800i is still top of my list if I can swing a good deal with 3.

I wish I could help you with the Swedish girl thing but I don't know any. :lol:

JTB

Just wish me luck. I go on Friday. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with fitmic too, and us ruffians can go terrorize an AD :bicycle:

• 3 weeks later...
Very true Reg.

Alas my choice is made it's the Sony Ericsson K800i.

JTB

@ JTB

Good choice with the K800 - absolutely best phone on the UK market. I bought that Nokia N72 first and took it back after 2 days - just couldn't get used to it. Watch out for battery life on 3 though - connecting to the 3G network sucks battery life.

JG

How is the phone now you've had a chance to try it out? :group:

Got to say I love it. I used to have a T610 years ago and found it a bit fiddly but they've improved the style no end. It's quite a solid built phone as well and unlike some people I like the part rubberised case.

People do drop these things and I truly believe this one has a greater chance of surviving should that happen.

Camera is great although needs resetting for different scenarios and I suppose that's what you have to do with cameras anyway! :bangin: however, typically the settings never seem to be set right for that quick shot you want.

Anyways musn't forget it's a phone and it does everything I need it to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

JTB