When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Steelfish SuperOcean X-Plus

Gooner4_1998

Hi

I was trying to get hold of the Breitling Steelfish SuperOcean X-Plus but having read around here it looked as if I would be out of luck.

Thought I'd email a couple of dealers anyway!

Joshua came back asn said it was out of production.

King came back and said "the best version made from hublot V1 factory. It will be stock again after Chinese new year".

What's your view guys. Is this the best version and are they even still making them!!!

Thanks

Had another reply from King and she has confirmed that the factories will update this after Chinese NY.

I've also had confirmation from Mary that she has this in stock:

.watch-international.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101_110&products_id=2146&zenid=9aa8898f0509d3d1e68652c2665dfd8f

(I've removed the www as I am unable to post links as a new member).

However, it has a 43mm case so I'm imagining it's not a great rep. Anyone got this / got any comments on the accuracy of this model? Also any view on the asian 21J movement?

Thanks

Yep, that is the standard asian Fish. Although the latest models have the arrow second hand. 1mm difference is negligible. Some dealers routinely mis-quote case sizes. Silix is another.

The asian Fish isn't bad, in fact I quite liked it. My asian SOSF's 21j (Narikaa) was very accurate and had phenomenal power reserve. A substantial rep for not a lot of money. I suppose the most obvious tells are the dial colour, single AR and the date font. Then on closer inspection its the lume application. These 'flaws' can also apply to the swiss Fish aswell though. Some 'swiss' Fishes had incorrect date font.

I saw a so-called swiss Fish posted on here with worse tells than the asian version. So consistency varies greatly according to factory. Real time QC pics are what you need.

depends on the "Asian fish". My first fish was an asian and was EXACTLY like my swiss fish with the exception of single AR.

Heres the old Asian (from early 2007):

IMG_1794.jpg

here's my current swiss fish:

IMG_1543-1.jpg

Literally no difference except for Ared crystal :) To my understanding though.. the old batch 2006/2007 asian steelfishes are hard to get now. now most of them have arrow hands and sometimes incorrect crown.

Any thoughts on this version?

"Superocean" and "Chronometre Certifie" text looks smaller than on plaifender's watches.

looks like a completely different dial. Pretty nice overall, but i'm not sure about the "superocean" and "chronometre Certifie" font.. it looks too small.

The hour marks also look hollow as if there were no lume inside of them?? I think the ideal, would be completely flat.. Mine are too round.. yours seem to shallow...

Any pics of the caseback?

....and the thickness of the rider tabs is excessive. They could be ground down and polished though.

This looks like an 'asian' case set but with inferior bezel. Even the DW looks like a21j.

I think that rehaut is dreadful, as mentioned, the numbers are far too big.

>edit< funny how we refer to a rep as 'asian' or 'swiss' when in reality, its always asian! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was trying to get hold of the Breitling Steelfish SuperOcean X-Plus but having read around here it looked as if I would be out of luck.

Thought I'd email a couple of dealers anyway!

Joshua came back asn said it was out of production.

King came back and said "the best version made from hublot V1 factory. It will be stock again after Chinese new year".

What's your view guys. Is this the best version and are they even still making them!!!

Thanks

I have a sosf x-plus - black, pro2 bracelet... am having it recertified/cal/cosc by Breitling Canada. Watch is virtually brand new... bought in 08... never wore it, have a avenger seawolf I just love... let me know if you are interested.

Dave