When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello from Norway

Guest racetaker

Guest racetaker

Hello guys!

A big hello from Norway!!!!

I am a guy from Norway that loves watches. I have had several watches of varied prices.

So me beeing intrested in watches, i decided to join your forum!

i have decided to buy a watch (offcourse). and i have found many interesting threads about this. ( i am amazed about how much knoledge there is around)

Beeing new here, i thought i may ask you guys a question (or more)...

I am a big guy, with big arms. I am looking for a chrono, but i havent decided what to get.

Offcourse i want a watch that is as near as original as possible, but it has to look good on my wrist, so a midzine watch, doesnt "cut it"...

This will be my first replica. And i dont care what it cost...

Any sggestions?

Take care,

Welcome!

You should care what it costs!! start reading and wait a few weeks before you decide to buy. Chinese new year is in a couple weeks, and if you order now, be prepared to WAIT a while to receive. Best to wait to order a watch till after the chinese holiday since all the dealers will be away on holidays!

If I were you I'd start looking at PAMS, Royal Oak Offshores and Hublots. some of the chunkiest watches around. The DSSD is also VERY chunky :)

Here's my chunkier collection (all 44mm or 45mm in diameter)..

(just got rid of this bad boy :( )

IMG_3354edit-1.jpg

My favorite :)

IMG_1325-1.jpg

Not a chrono but the Deep Sea Sea Dweller is super chunky :)

IMG_2131-1.jpg

This one is a huge 48mm. Hublot Big Bang King power:

IMG_3257.jpg

Big Bang Stainless Steel (no longer with me):

IMG_1614.jpg

Rose Gold Hublot Big Bang Tuiga V1 (unfortunately not with me any longer)

IMG_1508.jpg

IWC TopGun V2 on my wrist (not my watch though :( )

IMG_3254.jpg

My Panerai 253 on Toscana Carbon Fiber :)

IMG_2309-1.jpg

So there's most of my biggest watches, anything look good to you!!???

Hello, and welcome fellow Norwegian :D:D

for a big wrist (or any wrist for that matter) :

theres a lot of new hot panerais out now (if at first you dont like pam's, theyll grow on you! i promise! ;) ) check out breitlings as well.. a good start to search is in their respective subforums and "wristies"-topics for on-the-wrist appearance :)

search for member Toadtorrent and read his "newbie-guide" and when ready to make your purchase , the best bet and STRONGLY advised is to stick with the forum approved dealers (se own dealer section) or buy from well known members on this forum (see own section: "watches" / auctions)

theres a LOT of reading to do for u know so ill let you at it :D

Welcome to RWG, I agree that you should take you your time and do some research. The Infomation here Is second to none. My favorite "really big" watch Is the Breitling Super Avenger,at 48.4mm and 18.6mm thick, It's not for the faint of heart ;) It's also one of the best replicated reps out there Imho,good luck.:) Mike

Racetaker welcome

There are so many amazing writers and photographers here. This place inadvertently teaches you about gens, interesting to know that some of the most informed watch enthusiasts are regulars here.

Wanting a time piece that is close to original as possible is natural, everything listed above are excellent choices in size and accuracy for your first rep. There are several highly accurate reps from the factory…then there is the next level where reps start to turn into gens.

If you’re not concerned about costs, you may want to pick up a couple cheaper reps to get a feel for size, it will give an inexpensive way to try the whole process out. You can find out if 42mm looks perfect or that you want nothing less than a 44.

Palifender, beautiful collection…I don’t know how you cand decide what to wear, they all look so versatile and stunning

Guest racetaker

Wow, thanks for such fast replies guys!!

I will offcourse take your advice under consideration!

So i will look a while on the forum before i buy one.

Regarding what i like best, i have always liked Breitlings, but i loved the iwc. ( i have always wanted one)

I have never thought about the hublots before, but maybe a wise choice for me...

As mentioned, a lot of cool watches (and i nice pic of Denise Milani, hehe)

So i guess i will look some more on the forums now :)

i guess i am a noob since i havent found any good dealer sites yet :D

Guest racetaker

In general i think. But the Big Bang Stainless Steel you had looked great! :) ( that is a watch i actually could by as my first rep) Where did you buy it? And how alike it is to the "original" one?

In general i think. But the Big Bang Stainless Steel you had looked great! :) ( that is a watch i actually could by as my first rep) Where did you buy it? And how alike it is to the "original" one?

I'm no big bang expert. I bought it from another board member for a great price. I loved the watch but it just wasn't for me, so I sold it right after i bought it.

HBB's (Hublot Big Bang) are really eye catching, i didn't feel comfortable wearing it.

You can get the standard HBB stainless steel for around 300usd these days. About 2 years ago, Hublots had an explosion and the reps costed from anywhere between 400 to 1200 bucks!

They are VERY accurate watches in general. If you get one, you won't be disappointed. All the dealers carry them. Try puretimewatch.com they usually have decent prices, but most dealers will be able to get the HBB stainless steel :)

When I first became a member here I did not care for the Hublots(port hole In French) who wants to wear a port hole on there wrist? ;) I got a good deal on one and decided to take a chance. I actually liked the watch,maybe the most comfortable big watch I have ever worn,the rubber straps are so "buttery" smooth. I dont wear It much for the same reason as fender,to flashy,gets a lot of attention. The Breitlings are more my speed,although the Super Avenger will get noticed. :D

so, plaifender... how come that breitling is your favoritte? quality, form, or the feel of it?

and where did you get it? :p

Now that I think about it, it's not really my favorite, all of my watches are my favorites, but the Skyland is just beautiful. The size, weight, design and chunkiness is pure masculinity on my wrist. I had the watch serviced by Francisco to garuantee long movement life and the DLC treatment doesn't scratch EVER! I might think about dropping a swiss 7750 in this watch but that would require some slight hand modifications.. but it might be worth it, since I like it so much :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey racetaker !

Welcome to the forum buddy; you have picked the BEST place to learn about the replica watch industry, buy some amazing watches and most importantly make some fantastic new friends. :)

If you ever need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Cheers,

Angus