When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you fix a noisy rotor 21j Asian movt?

Prsist

Tightening the screw has nothing to do with the loudness of the rotor. Be careful as well to not to screw it too tight and hard, because it might break off.

I never use just normal oil.

For many years I have been successfully using Bergeon KT22 grease on the ball bearings of rotors. It helps a lot.

Tightening the screw has nothing to do with the loudness of the rotor. Be careful as well to not to screw it too tight and hard, because it might break off.

I never use just normal oil.

For many years I have been successfully using Bergeon KT22 grease on the ball bearings of rotors. It helps a lot.

Would gasket silicone work?

Read here

Basically high temp grease can be used.

You could also do Franciscos rotor mod which would mean you have a proper eta bearing that can be oiled as per 7750 guidelines (http://www.eta.ch/sw.../7750/7750.html)

How do you get the grease where there is metal on metal? Do you remove the rotor? Bear with me, I'm a noob to anything besides setting time. I just applied grease and it did nothing to silence the rotor noise.

Unscrew rotor, remove. TINY blob of Lithium grease onto bearing race. Work in with pith wood/plastic toothpick. Replace rotor. The grease will gradually works it way into bearing face.

Whilst you are at it, take a few photos of the movement to include picture of movement holder "plastic ring" or screwed in tabs...

My NEVER FAIL solution!!:

@ 10 yrs ago, I began noticing how noisy some of the rotors were on my auto watches...

I fixed it permanently over the past 5 or 6 years by simply becoming 69 yrs old!!

These days, I can't HARDLY EVEN HEAR THEM TICK!! ...;-)...;-)

• Like 1