When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Australia Day

mastrmindalliance

Strike me 'ansome, it's Straya Day on Wednesday diggers. You little ripper!

I'll be sinkin a cupla tinnies and rolling the arm over with me mates in the big back yard. Bruce'll burn some prawns on the barbie and the sheilas'll knock up some pav.

A man's not a camel so we'll all probably carry on like pork chops.

What'r you lot up to?

I'll be sportin this gen aussie number so I can 'ave a dip and in case I cop a corker (though I doubt it was made this side of the black stump).

ausday.jpg

Have a bonza bloody day cobbers!

hahahahaha Amazing Mastr! love the local jargon! I like even more that your feet are propped up on what is surely your days worth of cold beverages ;)

Aussis Aussie Aussie! OY OY OY!! :drinks:

Yep and esky full of cold ones! :)

Here's the translation

"Wow, It's Australia Day on Wednesday. I'm excited.

I'll drink some beer and play cricket, We'll have a barbeque and the girls will make pavlova (desert - merengue cake with glazed fruit).

We'll probably get really drunk.

What is everyone else doing?

I'll wear this gen Austalian watch so I can go swimming and in case i get hit by the cricket ball (though I doubt it was made in Australia).

<image>

Have a great day everyone"

:p

They have Schooners out here, hard to find a pint glass these days. But the beers always cold :)

COPPER WIRE

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brit's, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British".

One week later, the state’s Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia , reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia ’s Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely [censored] all.  Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."

Just makes you bloody proud to be Australian

Yep and esky full of cold ones! :)

Here's the translation

"Wow, It's Australia Day on Wednesday. I'm excited.

I'll drink some beer and play cricket, We'll have a barbeque and the girls will make pavlova (desert - merengue cake with glazed fruit).

We'll probably get really drunk.

What is everyone else doing?

I'll wear this gen Austalian watch so I can go swimming and in case i get hit by the cricket ball (though I doubt it was made in Australia).

<image>

Have a great day everyone"

:p

I was lost with out this rosetta stone!

Oh, and Mj, I'll be right behind you. From Aus day to CNY celebrations :)

If yr plane gets held up, shoot me an SMS and we'll have a quick beer at the airport. I guess we could choose either Aus day or CNY as the excuse :p

Definitely will do. Happy Australia Day

They have Schooners out here, hard to find a pint glass these days. But the beers always cold :)

COPPER WIRE

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brit's, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British".

One week later, the state’s Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia , reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia ’s Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely [censored] all.  Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."

Just makes you bloody proud to be Australian

Haha Classic! Who the hell said we need a National Broadband Network :lol: