When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to source a case for my WM9 V3

omegaguy

So we know that the WM9 V3 is an awesome watch....but the recessed crown totally kills it!

I reviewed some members used a V2 case (or similar) to fix the recessed crown issue with good results. But I can't seem to figure out one thing:

The ETA 2824 movement in the V3 has a higher crown position than the 2836 or similar. The V2 case used the movement with a lower crown position, then how is the 2824 movement able to fit it without bending the stem?

Is there any correct case I could implement to my V3? Anyone got one?

Tribal and I have used V2 with 2824 movement cases with no issues and I currently have a V2 case sat here with gen tube, crown and 2836 movement and looks fine. The V3 compared to the V2 crown height position is very small and the V3 still has a slightly lower position to the gen case.

The V3 as stated does have too much metal removed from the guards causing the crown to sit too close to the case and bezel. This was to be rectified on the newest production of WM9 V3 cases but as we all know George has goe off to do other ore lucrative things!

The TW Sub case that BK is getting very soon will have the benefits of the V2 case to the eye. WM9 was also Taiwan based and very likely the same moulds could be in use on this watch but who knows!

Here is a pic of my V2 case with a 2824-2 movement fitted. All parts except the hands and DW are genuine on this superfranken I built but no longer own.

003.jpg

006.jpg

I'm so happy that I got my v2 through you when it was still available. I doubt they'll ever replicate the Sub as well again.

However, v1 might be the best base for a franken because of those amazing SELs (providing you install a gen dial). But the combo of v2 + v1 SELs, gen insert and gen crown is tough to beat. At least when you think from a financial standpoint.

2-1.jpg

hi watcher,how did you manage to have the gen mounting bezel glass so prominent? on my wm9 v1 with gen bezel& clark glass is nearly flat ...

I beleive it depends on which gasket is used but that said the photo makes the crystal appear much higher than it is. It is not so proud in reality and I have owned genuine Subs that have varied too.