When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Ever tattoo

TeeJay

Last night, a friend let me use his tattoo equipment to see if I felt I could do it. Well, I did this, on my own leg (no way I was risking anyone else's skin on a first attempt) It's not perfect, quite a few wonky lines, but for a first time holding a machine to do proper work, I'm pretty happy with how it came out :) (and I have seen much worse in the past :D ) No plans to cover it, just to eventually incorporate it into the rest of the Japanese work I will eventually get done on my thighs :)

DSCN3661.jpg

Not bad at all T,actually pretty dam good for your first go.

Thanks, M :drinks: I'm really happy with what I did, but of course, I'm not oblivious to the mistakes/wonky lines/patchy fills etc, but it was the step I needed to take before deciding wether I should try and tattoo more and improve, or just focus on drawing stencils :D

So this Is your first tat? :lol:

It's my 20th tattoo in the overall tally, but my plan is to have a traditional Japanese bodysuit, not just a lot of individual tattoos :lol: Now, rather than seeing individual pieces on my arm, I'm starting to see an incomplete sleeve in progress :victory:

+1

For a first time ever holding a tattoo machine I must say you did a helluva job! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks :drinks: To be fair, I had held a machine once before, and filled a line about 1cm by 3mm, which doesn't really count, so this was the first time I'd ever held a machine to actually do proper lining and filling of a complete tattoo :) I wish I had a pic of the kanji I did on my friend's ankle afterwards, but it's on wifey's iPod, so I'll have to load it up later :)

The whole Japanese bodysuite sounds really Interesting :thumbsupsmileyanim: ,from are previous chats I knew your love for Ink. Just remember "dont drink and tatto" :D

Thanks, I'm really keen to get it finished :) The overall design is pretty much all finalized, just a few final tweaks to the stencil for my chest to swap some elements around :) Yeah I think that's definitely a good motto to remember :D The one tattoo motto I would dispute, is "Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good..." For example, Exhibits 1 and 2... The maple leaf in the first pic was done last night by my friend, who's only been tattooing a couple of weeks (and mostly just on himself), but I wanted him to know that I trusted him enough to do a pretty visible piece on me, not just something on my leg which would be easy to hide. In the second pic, you can see how it compares to the maple leaf done my my regular artist, who has considerably more experience :)

DSCN3663.jpg

DSCN3664.jpg

I think it's the quality of the work, and the artist's skill which matters, not the pricetag :) (a bit like reps, really :lol: )

Nice T,your friend obviously has talent. I usually believe the "good vs cheep food;booze,etc" motto,but there are exceptions to every rule. :)

Thanks, and he does indeed, he certainly has the potential to be a great tattoo artist :) I hadn't planned on getting the maple leaf done last night, but when he asked if I wanted to get something done (having just used his equipment on myself and him) I couldn't really refuse, and the maple stencil was one I had with me :D (It was also a design where 100% perfection was not required) but I think he did a great job, and the lines're in really nicely, so overall, a top result :victory: Of course, I'm now worried that my regular artist might take umbrage at me allowing someone else to work on 'our project' :bangin: Oh well :pardon::D With regards your food/booze motto, I quite agree, but as you say, always exceptions to the rule :drinks:

I always thought tats on a chick were a huge turn off,I guess I have to "rethink" that one. :g:

:thumbsupsmileyanim::victory::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Depends on the ink, and depends on the chick :victory: Tattoos of dolphins or roses on some middle aged skank's tits certainly are a turn off :D Not that I'm a tattoo snob or anything :victory:

:thumbsupsmileyanim::victory::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Depends on the ink, and depends on the chick :victory: Tattoos of dolphins or roses on some middle aged skank's [censored] certainly are a turn off :D Not that I'm a tattoo snob or anything :victory:

"Tattoos of dolphins or roses on some middle aged skank's [censored] certainly are a turn off" AGREED :rofl:

T.....that leg too is sexy.......:winkiss:

Many thanks, F :drinks:

"Tattoos of dolphins or roses on some middle aged skank's [censored] certainly are a turn off" AGREED :rofl:

Glad you agree, M :drinks: I think there's still room for a little snobbery in the tattoo world :whistling:

Just got wifey to email me the kanji I did on Nathan's leg... Here's how it should look:

takumi-kanji.gif

Here's what I did... Only 1 tiny slip I could see, and apparently, he was so pleased with it, he kept talking about it till his fiance told him to shut up about it :D

mail-1.jpg

And the meaning: Nathan's a mechanic, and when I put 'mechanic' into an English/Japanese dictionary, takumi was the first word offered, and, given his desire to become a tattoo artist, I thought a very fitting one :victory:

Many thanks, F :drinks:

Glad you agree, M :drinks: I think there's still room for a little snobbery in the tattoo world :whistling:

Just got wifey to email me the kanji I did on Nathan's leg... Here's how it should look:

takumi-kanji.gif

Here's what I did... Only 1 tiny slip I could see, and apparently, he was so pleased with it, he kept talking about it till his fiance told him to shut up about it :D

mail-1.jpg

And the meaning: Nathan's a mechanic, and when I put 'mechanic' into an English/Japanese dictionary, takumi was the first word offered, and, given his desire to become a tattoo artist, I thought a very fitting one :victory:

Looks dam good T,I can see why he Is so pleased,I would be too. :drinks:

Looks dam good T,I can see why he Is so pleased,I would be too. :drinks:

Thanks, M, that's nice to hear, and when I heard that Nathan was that pleased with it, that felt pretty good :) I know it's only 99% perfect, but hey, for a second tattoo, I'm pretty happy with the lines and filling :victory:

BTW I dont think It's "snobbery" at all,you're just a decerning tattoo enthusiast. ;)

:victory:

To be fair, I try and judge tattoos on artistic merit, but those aforementioned ladies' tattoos just don't do anything to enhance them :whistling: A friend of Nathan's came round after we were done, and while we were talking about tattoos, he asked if I regretted getting any of my tribal done. I said I didn't, and he just said he hated tribal (Hey, he's only 18, and thinks that only stuff off Miami Ink is cool :bangin: ) Once I explained that my tribal was actually a memorial tattoo to the first friend I made online, and incorporated part of her design, he had to modify his opinion on why people may choose to get tattoos (of any kind) done :victory:

:victory:

To be fair, I try and judge tattoos on artistic merit, but those aforementioned ladies' tattoos just don't do anything to enhance them :whistling: A friend of Nathan's came round after we were done, and while we were talking about tattoos, he asked if I regretted getting any of my tribal done. I said I didn't, and he just said he hated tribal (Hey, he's only 18, and thinks that only stuff off Miami Ink is cool :bangin: ) Once I explained that my tribal was actually a memorial tattoo to the first friend I made online, and incorporated part of her design, he had to modify his opinion on why people may choose to get tattoos (of any kind) done :victory:

Well he Is just a kid,but It sounds like you were successful In enlightening the young man.:)

Well he Is just a kid,but It sounds like you were successful In enlightening the young man.:)

Yeah, and of course, I wasn't going to cause a scene about it, but I think it gave him something to consider :D He was also ranting about people who get studio flash done :bangin: As far as I see it, if that's the tattoo someone wants, that's good enough for me :victory:

Nice job T. :good:

I have a 1/4 of my back done, and am going for a full back piece. Then possibly half sleeves. (Job/Career dictate hide-ability, at least for now).

As far as Girls and Tats. I used to DJ in the Goth/Industrial scene for many years, and have come to enjoy a quality ink'd "Alternative" girl. :whistling::D

IMHO, girls should go all or nothing. The solitary rose, or other seemingly random $hit, just don't do it for me personally. YMMV.

Suicide_Girls.jpg

post-19479-0-97660400-1296580283.jpg

Nice job T. :good:

I have a 1/4 of my back done, and am going for a full back piece. Then possibly half sleeves. (Job/Career dictate hide-ability, at least for now).

As far as Girls and Tats. I used to DJ in the Goth/Industrial scene for many years, and have come to enjoy a quality ink'd "Alternative" girl. :whistling::D

IMHO, girls should go all or nothing. The solitary rose, or other seemingly random $hit, just don't do it for me personally. YMMV.

Suicide_Girls.jpg

post-19479-0-97660400-1296580283.jpg

Many thanks :drinks:

I like the sound of your plan, you should definitely post some pics :) And it's definitely a good idea to think career-wise with your ink :) Even with what I want done, the only tattoo which I cannot cover with a suit is the Atlantis Ring design on my right hand, and so far, no-one's ever made a comment on it :) I used to subscribe to SG back when it first started, but haven't been there for a while (the forum started getting a bit elitist and preachy for my taste) but it's always been a source of fantastic tattoo work :) I totally know what you mean though, I'd rather see a girl with a full body-suit (or several large pieces) than several scattered ones, like Angelina Jolie's collection :) (Sorry, Angie, love you really :wub: )