When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pray for the people of far North Queensland

KB

Latest news reports are of a trail of destruction but no deaths, however power it out in a vast area affecting up to 120,000 people.

Good luck to all those in the middle of the storm, I'm sure the hat will be passed around in the coming days, we'll get everything rebuilt.

Latest news reports are of a trail of destruction but no deaths, however power it out in a vast area affecting up to 120,000 people.

Good luck to all those in the middle of the storm, I'm sure the hat will be passed around in the coming days, we'll get everything rebuilt.

A kind and thoughtful gesture :)"hat will be passed around"

Wonder how many more were conceived animal_rooster.gif

Hurricane or not, human nature prevails :o) must have been boring as hell in the evacuation centers, no electricity, total darkness, I'm sure in 9 months time we'll see the results :)

As for the passing of the hat, the 2010 fires in Kinglake brought in 350-400 Million, It makes me proud that in times of emergency and great need, Aussies really seem to pull together.

Just watching some of the interviews on NineMSN, one man describes the eye of the storm passing directly overhead, and the total and utter silence... Then as it passed and the winds behind it came over, his house, it sounded like a freight train hurtling down the street at full noise...

I feel the pain. Cairns and the great barrier reef (hamilton island in particular), hold a special place in my heart!

I just took the missus there on our honeymoon this september past. We stayed at the BEAUTIFUL Qualia resort. In fact, i was recommended that place by someone on this very forum! A fact i am very proud of and often use to retort everytime i'm accused of spending too much time on this forum. But i digress

I'm sure you guys will prevail, and i can't wait to go back there and pump in some tourist $ to help stimulate the economy again!