When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 250 Chrono Daylight

PilotI

Hi all,

i have a wonderfull PAM111h but i'm really missing the date function and a working chrono and now in the market for a 250

Before i go out and spend 6K euros on a 250 i would like to know if there is anybody here that can find me a Franken Pam 250.

I had a look at davidsen's PAM196, the movement is good but it has quite a number of flaws, the crown being an absolute no-no and it's an old model. I'm looking for something really really close to the gen 250.

if you have any ideas let me know.

Max

Hi all,

i have a wonderfull PAM111h but i'm really missing the date function and a working chrono and now in the market for a 250

Before i go out and spend 6K euros on a 250 i would like to know if there is anybody here that can find me a Franken Pam 250.

I had a look at davidsen's PAM196, the movement is good but it has quite a number of flaws, the crown being an absolute no-no and it's an old model. I'm looking for something really really close to the gen 250.

if you have any ideas let me know.

Max

The new 250s are supposed to be excellent. At least as good as the new 111j and 177L's that just came out last month. These were the pams that started the "1:1" pam craze! they came out in sep/october if i'm not mistaken:

Thanks guys, that's really helpfull.

Do they provide these with a swiss ETA movement as well or only asian?

pretty sure no swiss.... In any case, The Zigmeister did an EXTENSIVE review of the new 7753 movements in this watch and concluded that they were quite decent as long as you get them serviced. The movement he reviewed came rather dirty and under oiled in some parts, over oiled in others... But with good servicing this movement should last you forever :)

pretty sure no swiss.... In any case, The Zigmeister did an EXTENSIVE review of the new 7753 movements in this watch and concluded that they were quite decent as long as you get them serviced. The movement he reviewed came rather dirty and under oiled in some parts, over oiled in others... But with good servicing this movement should last you forever :)

Thanks for the information, i just read the review.

Which vendor would you recommend to the best 250? I do think i'll have somebody swap out the A7753 with a swiss 7753 movement, i'm a bit fussy when it comes to movements :p

Thanks for the information, i just read the review.

Which vendor would you recommend to the best 250? I do think i'll have somebody swap out the A7753 with a swiss 7753 movement, i'm a bit fussy when it comes to movements :p

I would think all of are trusted dealers have these reps. Read a few dealer reviews then decide what dealer Is best for your needs. The truth is you wont go wrong with any of RWG's trusted dealers.:)

I would think all of are trusted dealers have these reps. Read a few dealer reviews then decide what dealer Is best for your needs. The truth is you wont go wrong with any of RWG's trusted dealers.:)

thanks i just sent a message to king to see if he has this in stock, i don't see the model on his site. I do see he has the swiss movement, maybe be can make me one with swiss movement. B)

thanks i just sent a message to king to see if he has this in stock, i don't see the model on his site. I do see he has the swiss movement, maybe be can make me one with swiss movement. B)

If he does find one with a swiss movement. Expect to pay close to $800usd. Not worth it in my opinion.. Even if you do get a swiss movement, you better make SUREEEE you get it serviced. Just because it's swiss doesn't mean it will run any better, especially coming from China

If he does find one with a swiss movement. Expect to pay close to $800usd. Not worth it in my opinion.. Even if you do get a swiss movement, you better make SUREEEE you get it serviced. Just because it's swiss doesn't mean it will run any better, especially coming from China

yes you are right i just got word from king, he's offering a 250 with a swiss 7753 for $825usd, that's expensive to some but it's still only a 1/10th of the price of a gen + plenty of cash left get the movement serviced. He said he'll be back at work the 11th, i'll put in my order then.

yes you are right i just got word from king, he's offering a 250 with a swiss 7753 for $825usd, that's expensive to some but it's still only a 1/10th of the price of a gen + plenty of cash left get the movement serviced. He said he'll be back at work the 11th, i'll put in my order then.

When you receive it, please post pics and if possible a review!

Plus plenty of cash left to get the movement serviced???

I guess for some.. money is no object... :) (it just sounds a little haughty for someone to say that, after willing spending over 800usd on a rep.. and not a franken one at that.. :( )

In any case.. I´m sure you´ll enjoy it. Make sure you get some QC shots before shipment.

cheers

That would he very interesting news. Since the dial from the current A7753 does not work with the e7753. Are they making different dials especially for e7753 models?

I'll double check with King. He said the 250 is currently only available with the swiss 7753, not with the A7753, which probably indicates the movement is not a straight swap.

King's message:

> Dear my friend I have it. But this one only has Swiss eta 7753 version. The

> Asian 7753 version does not available yet.

Dear my friend the watch is us$825 including shipping cost already :)

Anything need help email to me

Your friend

I'll double check with King. He said the 250 is currently only available with the swiss 7753, not with the A7753, which probably indicates the movement is not a straight swap.

King's message:

This Infomation does not sound right. The new 250 Is avalable with the A7750,there are several reviews of that watch here. I would double check all Info,sometimes the language barrier can muddy the waters,sort of speak.

This Infomation does not sound right. The new 250 Is avalable with the A7750,there are several reviews of that watch here. I would double check all Info,sometimes the language barrier can muddy the waters,sort of speak.

+1 maxman

I've never heard of any watch ONLY being available with swiss 7750.

P.S. maxman.. this watch is not available with an A7750... You meant to say A7753 i think :)

+1 maxman

I've never heard of any watch ONLY being available with swiss 7750.

P.S. maxman.. this watch is not available with an A7750... You meant to say A7753 i think :)

Thanks for the correction sir,yes I meant A7753. :bangin: I guess I had the A7750 on the brain because my older 250 model has that movement. :)

I agree, i asked him pictures of the 250 and the movement but he's back on the 11th he told me. King's probably celebrating new year as we speak.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Sorry guys, wanted to clarify my statement. The new A7753 watches can have their movements swapped with an E7753 movement - many have done this already (my good friend in Canada has done this for me for one of mine). However, you have to have a dial that fits the E7753 movement since the datewindow position for the A7753 was not put in the same spot as is needed on the E7753. The only way to get a Daylight dial that has the E7753 position is to get one from DSN. His dials for the E7753 are ok - but not as good as the new Daylights dials. Specifically the PANERAI lettering on the dial is not as accurate.