When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has someone been ripped off? - Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre

Gooner4_1998

Hi Guys

Received a Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre from another forum member. Really happy with it but I noticed that the numbers on the inside around the edge of the face were slightly off (see the 60 does not line up with the 12 o'clock position and is slightly too far to the right).

52848bbe-cf24-f244.jpg

I was having a look around at other pics of the gen and realised that the numbers on the gen should actually be as per the link below i.e. the 5 should sit to the right of the 12 o'clock position: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/men/automatic-chronograph-tachymetre/index.lbl?w=CV2014.BA0786.

I then stumbled across the website in the link below selling this watch for £1,350. However, given the positioning of the numbers this looks like a rep to me: http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2/watch_images_pages/tag_heuer_watches_uk/Tag_Heuer_Carrera_CV2014_S12886.htm

What do people think? Has someone paid £1,350 for a rep?!

I may be completely wrong but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell for sure!

So this was sold to you ON OUR forum as a gen?? Did you buy it without seeing pictures before? if so, is it the same watch that was shown in the pictures you based your purchase on??

If you were swindled into buying a REP thinking it was a gen.. it´s absolutely unacceptable on this forum. If i were you I´d contact the seller first, and then the admins accordingly to try to resolve the problem.

I´m no expert on tags so i cant tell if it´s rep or gen.. but if it´s a rep, there´s no excuse!

Hi plaifender

Sorry, you've misunderstood / I've not explained well!

The watch I bought is a rep and advertised as such. Saw pics and was happy to buy (although didn't notice the numbers were out). No big issue but I have a little OCD!!!

When I was looking around to see how my rep compared to others and the gen, I stumbled upon the link which looked like my rep ie the number 60 lined up with 12 o'clock whilst the gen should have the 5 to the right of the 12 o'clock position like the official tag page I linked.

Blowers jewellers (the link in my first post) have sold that watch for £1350!

Hopefully that makes more sense!

Certainly not been ripped of by anyone on the forum, quite the opposite!

Sorry for any confusion.

Hi Guys

Received a Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre from another forum member. Really happy with it but I noticed that the numbers on the inside around the edge of the face were slightly off (see the 60 does not line up with the 12 o'clock position and is slightly too far to the right).

52848bbe-cf24-f244.jpg

I was having a look around at other pics of the gen and realised that the numbers on the gen should actually be as per the link below i.e. the 5 should sit to the right of the 12 o'clock position: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/men/automatic-chronograph-tachymetre/index.lbl?w=CV2014.BA0786.

I then stumbled across the website in the link below selling this watch for £1,350. However, given the positioning of the numbers this looks like a rep to me: http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2/watch_images_pages/tag_heuer_watches_uk/Tag_Heuer_Carrera_CV2014_S12886.htm

What do people think? Has someone paid £1,350 for a rep?!

I may be completely wrong but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell for sure!

Is It possable to post a link to the original sales thread?

I think a little has been lost in the translation...

the OP has a REP, but upon further research has found what he thinks is a REP being sold or even has been sold as a GENUINE.

the possibility that the purchaser is someone from our community and is privy to this post is very rare indeed.

besides i would have to say that if the customer was a member from here that they would know the difference rather quickly and would have spoke with the vendor ASAP.

that listing is a GEN. no worries anyways.

There's no way Blowers Jewellers is selling any reps. It's the most reputable online watch seller in Europe.

My bad!

Just seemed odd that all the official pictures showed the numbers on the inside around the face with the 5 just past the 12 o'clock marker. Any idea why this? From what I can tell there is no way to move the number markers that are around the face around using the stem.

• 2 months later...

There's no way Blowers Jewellers is selling any reps. It's the most reputable online watch seller in Europe.

+1