When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE HELP! Is This a V3? or...

clkcadet

post-19009-0-46242400-1296833727.jpgHi,

I am serious about purchasing a BCE V3 (Graphite) and found a seller. He is not sure which version he has and I asked for a photo of the datefont (as I know this is the biggest upgrade from the v2)

Can you please let me know what version we have here? Thanks!!

Edited by clkcadet

This is a v2 with Asian date font.

Thanks for the quick response. Is it worth buying and replacing the datewheel, or should I just keep looking for a v3 with correct date font?

Is the v2 superior to the v3 in any way that I should consider doing it? Sometimes the new factories mess up some details that the older ones got right.

I've come to the conclusion that V3 is the best version. Because, it has the correct BCE date font, the supposed "crooked logo" wasn't noticable according to a review. Just make sure the lume eye is positioned correctly. It would be easier to replace the Bezel vs the date wheel.

As for the incorrect length minute markers on V2 and V3, not sure what to do about that. I think it's too small to notice.

Edited by Revano

While not perfect, I think the lume sticks are better on v2. They are sloppier, greener and more "chewing gum"-like on v3. Also, the wings logo is correct on v2.

I would stick with v2 and update the dw.

My 2c.

What do you think about the ultimate one BT? It looks like having not so accurate bezel marker placement and bad rider tabs, but other than that, it seems ok. With a gen dial installed, the watch should look decent.

Sorry, I have no idea what the "ultimate" one is. Can you link me to that watch, or post a photo?

Thanks.

Ah... that's actually called "v4". Or it was called v4 when it was released.

I agree the bezel is off. If I bought a BCE now, I would definitely get the v2 and maybe update the dw. v3 is pretty good as well but I don't like the lume. Perhaps v3 with Roman numerals could be a strong option too?

That's where the reps fail. When you see the gen BCE you'll notice how defined and "ivory white" the gen lume sticks are. v2 has the best sticks but even they are a bit sloppy. Those bother me a lot more than the microscopic Skyland lume inaccuracies. Yet no one ever talks about it.

BT, what do you think v4 as a modding project? I have a gen blue stick dial that needs to be installed. I have a few v2 franken already.

In that case, I would get the v3 instead. It has good bezel and pretty much perfect dw. The only shortcoming is the lume sticks and wrong Wings logo... but with gen dial those are fixed. Some people claim that v2 has the best bracelet but Precious Time said the bracelet has remained the same since the day 1. There could be variation though.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with v4.

Thanks for the quick response. Is it worth buying and replacing the datewheel, or should I just keep looking for a v3 with correct date font?

Is the v2 superior to the v3 in any way that I should consider doing it? Sometimes the new factories mess up some details that the older ones got right.

If you are not planning on modding it, then v3 will be fine. Like I said gen Breitling dw is hard to find.

In that case, I would get the v3 instead. It has good bezel and pretty much perfect dw. The only shortcoming is the lume sticks and wrong Wings logo... but with gen dial those are fixed. Some people claim that v2 has the best bracelet but Precious Time said the bracelet has remained the same since the day 1. There could be variation though.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with v4.

I see. I do like my v3. The only reason I bring up the v4 is because I'm thinking about checking out something I don't have. :)

The watch addiction seems to be pretty bad then. Buying inferior versions just for the sake of getting something different. :D

Join the club and get the B01. I prefer it over the BCE (although I admit it's a bit weird watch). Maybe that's why I like it. Recessed dw doesn't bother me at all... the build quality is very good... no sloppiness. AR isn't that great though.

2-14.jpg

Also, I can't find the v3 with leather strap. Seems like v2 is the best option. What's your opinion?

Except v2 has wrong date wheel. So that would need to be replaced if you want to make it more gen. The datewheel is hard to acquire, and haven't seen a guide on how to replace it.