When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE HELP! Is This a V3? or...

clkcadet

DW replacement is pretty simple. Any watch maker (most of them anyway) should be able to do it. Contact Smidsy from RWI if you are looking for any gen dw. I bought one from him last year. Another way of getting a dw with Breitling font is buying a broken watch with correct font and use it as your donor. Just post a WTB ad. Normally a broken v3 BCE unmodified head only around $100-120 shipped here.

Ordering an additional datewheel or broken BCE adds another $100-120 USD plus the time and risk of shipment, and installation by a watchmaker is perhaps another $80 USD. Lots of hassle. I'd rather get a V2 with updated date wheel, just haven't found any trustydealer who sells it.

Edited by Revano

One of the reason I prefer v2 is because it fits gen bezel better. If you are not planning on installing gen bezel, v3 should be just fine. Just make sure when you buy one, get the one called v2 with corrected dw. That's the v3 we are talking about. The v3 on the dealer site is actually v4.

Just got this v2. By far it has the best bezel I have seen on a BCE, better fitting, tight and smooth. As you see below, it's a v2 with Asian font. I think this one puts an end on my BCE collection. :)

Very nice. Do you think the diamonds look gen or convincing enough? Did you get it from Joshua?

The diamonds are pretty convincing to me. I've never thought I would like something like this, but as it turned out I do. The diamonds give pretty good contrast to the dial. The dial is very well made as well (better all other v2 and v3 have seen).

I'm not sure if this is still being made. I bought mine from another member on RWI.