When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with 6263 rehab

tonyp1

My 7750 based 6263 finally died. This is a 7750 based DW 6263 with gen crystal. I tried to remove the dial and basically destroyed it.. It was welded with glue to the movement. Ive contacted DW and it seems he is unable to supply a dial, movement, hands, feet, ect. Then I noticed on joshes site these http://www.1-pc8838.com/rldv10017-paul-newman-whiteredblack-asia-7750-chronograph-p-650.html I was wondering if it would be possible to transplant movement dial ect to my DW watch?

post-4125-0-98310200-1297035594.jpg

post-4125-0-52792600-1297035605.jpg

Edited by tonyp1

Ive contacted DW and it seems he is unable to supply a dial, movement, hands, feet, ect. Then I noticed on joshes site these http://www.1-pc8838.com/rldv10017-paul-newman-whiteredblack-asia-7750-chronograph-p-650.html I was wondering if it would be possible to transplant movement dial ect to my DW watch?

Did DW say why he couldn't (wouldn't?) provide you with those parts? But, yes, you should be able to transplant the guts of the cartel rep into a DW case with no issue. There've been a few guys who have done this before, though I think DW has the best 7750 dials available.

Did DW say why he couldn't (wouldn't?) provide you with those parts? But, yes, you should be able to transplant the guts of the cartel rep into a DW case with no issue. There've been a few guys who have done this before, though I think DW has the best 7750 dials available.

It seems he cant find the dials for the 7750 anymore. The spacing it slightly wrong on these watches. I dont want to spend 1500 on a movement. I worry that if I cant find the 37mm watches Im out of luck. My watch is 36mm but I think the 37mm watches dial may fit? I dont think the dials on the 39mm watches will fit my watch.

Edited by tonyp1

That's strange. I was emailing DW about buying a few dials (7750 and V72) before Chinese New Year. Maybe he was referring to the specific type of dial you were requesting?

Again, I'm pretty sure that the innards of the 7750-based cartel rep should slot into the DW case. Try contacting rolexaddict. I seem to remember reading about him transplanting the guts of a cartel 'Big Red' into the standard DW 6263 case.