When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen vs Rep Bracelet

bertbacharat

yes, there are 42mm versions with 'professional' engraved on them. There's been QUITE a few discussions on the forum about this very topic.

if i were you i'd ask for better pics... the engraving looks a little shallow to be gen.. but then again... it might be the lighting...

Besides engraving should I ask for anything else?

I'm no expert, so grain of salt this but that looks just like my rep bracelet. The engraving as Plai mentioned but also... too hard to describe... will post a pic:

post-23858-0-73370900-1297371161.jpg

Those divits concern me, just becuase my rep bracelet is the same. Also the pins aren't flush, which they are on my gen moony. I'd ask for more and better pics if i were you.

Once again I'm no expert, but this doesn't look right to me

I'm going to steer clear and buy from Ofrei. Out of curiousity would it be cheaper to buy form an OMEGA AD?

Possibly, but not by much. Usually AD's are pretty inflexible with the pricing of parts. Both offrei and the dealer have to keep the profit margin reasonable, so i'd expect both sell for about the same price. Best way, is to check the dealer and find out!

Can't wait to see it. Very few people have the gen bracelet on their PO

• 3 months later...

Funny, I have been thinking about getting a UPO as well, and then instead of screwing around with modding the cheap clasp, just getting the entire gen bracelet and clasp from Frei or even the Omega AD, and then installing on the UPO.

However, I remember trying to do that on a rep sub I had, (again due to clasp issues) but the endlinks wouldn't fit, because the springbar holes in the rep sub didn't line up with endlinks on the genuine bracelet! So I returned the bracelet and that rep is collecting dust.

I just want to make sure if I get a UPO that I can actually fit the gen bracelet and not have to have someone drill new holes or something crazy like that.

I just want to make sure if I get a UPO that I can actually fit the gen bracelet and not have to have someone drill new holes or something crazy like that.

It is always a roll of the dice on this. Even if someone else successfully installs one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for yours. End link fit and lug hole position is highly variable from piece to piece. Only one way to find out I'm afraid ;)

It is always a roll of the dice on this. Even if someone else successfully installs one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for yours. End link fit and lug hole position is highly variable from piece to piece. Only one way to find out I'm afraid ;)

Thanks Krpster!

Was afraid of that, but good answer.

Guess if I want the gen clasp, just have to mod that with the two connecting links to the rep bracelet, and be happy with that.

Thanks again!

VV

Btw, just another brief comment on this thread.

I spoke with a couple of AD's while on vacation this past week, and both mentioned that there have been people who have bought gen PO's, and had issues with the mushroom clasp attachment after two or three years.

That's why all things being equal, I think I prefer the classic flip-lock oyster bracelet and clasp on a SS bracelet. (i.e., Rolex) However, the best bracelet and clasp I have ever seen is on the Seiko Marinemaster. That is about as bulletproof as it gets.

Anyways, other than that, I really love the PO, and plan to get a rep soon here.

Edited by Vegasvic

Btw, just another brief comment on this thread.

I spoke with a couple of AD's while on vacation this past week, and both mentioned that there have been people who have bought gen PO's, and had issues with the mushroom clasp attachment after two or three years.

Thanks for investigating, and reporting that the Gen PO's mushroom clasp breaks just as well as the rep does. Same for the Gen DSSD .. stress that clasp too much and POP .. permanent damage.